When Diana Dies + 9K

A/N: I'm not actually sure if Diana can die (I HOPE NOT) but for story lines sake, she can. :(

****

You were undeniably exhausted. Your body ached, you eyes felt heavy and puffy and your brain like cotton wool. You hadn't slept in days. You couldn't.

Everything was just so wrong. It wasn't meant to be this way.

You lay back on your soft pillows, attempting to get comfortable but no amount of pillows were going to help you sleep. How could someone so depressed sleep?

The snow fell steadily outside of your window, she had always loved the snow. You remembered bitterly the times you both had built snowmen and had snowball fights. That was never going to happen ever again because she was gone.

She was dead. Dead. Dead. Dead.

Dead.

You heard you bedroom door creak open and the hallway light flooded into the room. It was carefully shut and in a blink of an eye, your lover was sitting by your side. His added weight caused the bed to dip slightly. "Hey." he whispered.

Just having him near made you cry. Steve carefully gathered you into his arms as you wept into his chest. He noted that you were still wearing on of his shirts. It was baby blue, your favourite one of his. 

"She's gone, Stevie." you murmured between sobs.

He kissed the top of your head, rocking you comfortingly back and fourth. "I know, Sweetheart, I know."

You were so tired, you didn't want to speak anymore, nor could you sleep. So you allowed yourself to be comforted by Steve, as he spoke about how brave Diana had been and how she would be greatly missed.

It wasn't any consolation but you were okay with Steve at least attempting to make you feel better. 

"Steve?" you interrupted him.

He paused. "Yeah?"

"Please promise me that you'll never leave. I don't think I'd be able to function without you."

"I promise," the make held you tighter. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm too clever for death to catch me."

You had laughed and wept bitterly at the same time.

****

A/N: Thank you so much for the 9K views, votes and comments! 

P.S. When we get to 10K, I have a super special treat for you!

 When we get to 10K, I have a super special treat for you!