When You Get Married

A/N: Urgh, this for me was the most difficult chapter to write, so I stole bits and pieces from my other books. I know, I cheated. Oh well, at least you get to marry Steve, right? ;)

****

"Do you, (Your Full Name), take Steve Trevor to be your lawfully wedded husband?" the vicar waited for your response.

Tears filled your eyes. This had to be the happiest day of your life. The day you married your lover. The day you both got to spend the rest of your lives together.

"I do." You nodded and met his blue eye contact, there were tears in his eyes too but a huge grin spread across his face.

Steve could find no words to describe how beautiful you looked.

When you had walked up the aisle (without tripping), he could have sworn that his heart had stopped. You looked so undeniabley esquisite in your (insert description of your preferred wedding outfit).

"And do you, Steve Trevor, take (Your Full Name) to be your lawfully wedded beloved?"

This was it, the moment when you would spend the rest of your lives together.

Diana watched as her best friend stood at the front of the church, a smile on your face so big, she feared that your head would split in half.

You were marrying the man of your dreams. Everything was as it should be.

The raven-haired, independent female was happy. Happy that her dysfunctional family was now happy. Happy that everything had run smoothly and that she looked absolutely stunning in her bridesmaid dress. Happy would be the word to describe this occasion. She almost felt giddy with the emotion.

She  watched as you exchanged rings and vows.

"I do."

That was it.

The elderly Vicar smiled. "I now pronounce you married, you may now kiss."

The entire congregation burst into applause as Steve swept you into a romantic embrace.

"I love you." the blond male whispered.

You giggled in response and wiped a tear from your eye. "I love you too, husband."

****

The Champagne flowed freely. The music was in full swing. You and Steve, the happy couple had hired the band that Diana had recommended. So romantic. She had excellent taste in music.

As you danced together in the middle of the dance floor, your arms found themselves to be looped around your husbands neck and his own, around your waist.

You leaned your forehead against his, closed your eyes and enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere. "Enjoying yourself, (Mr/Mrs) Trevor?" his velvet voice whispered huskily in your ear.

You felt yourself shiver as he whispered the name '(Mr/Mrs) Trevor'. That was you now. (Y/N) Trevor. You loved the way he said it in his american accent. It sounded so perfect. "Oh yes. How about you, Mr Trevor?"

He chuckled, such a wonderful sound. "I am enjoying myself so much that," he paused, an amused smile played upon his lips. "I don't want this moment to end."

"I couldn't agree more, let's spend the rest of our life like this."

"Mmm, it sounds so good when you say it." he purred. "Say it again."

"Let's spend the rest of our life like this."

He contendly sighed. "I can't believe we're married."

"Neither can I."

"I feel different."

"In what way?"

"I feel...I feel really, really happy."

There it was again, Reader, that word 'happy', it seemed to be an infectious emotion. Are you happy?

"So do I." you smiled at him, as you gazed into those ice-blue of his eyes that, were so full of love. 

A love for you.