When You Take Him To Bed (Super Fluff) + 8K

He hadn't come to bed yet. You knew that he was still in that blasted study of his, doing who knew what. 

You turned your head, looking at the clock, it read 3:00 am.

With an irritated sigh, you knew that you needed to go and find your hopless-at-timekeeping lover. 

Sitting up and wearily getting out of your comfortable bed, you wrapped yourself in his dressing gown and made your way out of your bedroom.

The halls of your apartment were extremely quiet, unusually so. Usually you could hear him shifting papers or scribbling notes.

Finally, you made it to Steve's private study. The lights were dimmed but you could see him clearly at his desk, except, he wasn't writing or reading- poor Steve had fallen asleep, head up the dark wood, eyes closed and breathing, calm. 

A smile smile crept onto your face. He was so adorable when asleep. Not that you'd ever told him that.

Opening the door further, you quietly crept into the room and made your way towards him. 

Once by his side, you gently shook his shoulder. "Steve," you murmured. "Steve. Wake up, sweetheart."

Slowly he stirred. He groaned as he stretched his weary limbs. "(y/n)? What are you doing here? What time is it?"

"Sweetie, it's three in the morning. Come to bed now. Whatever work you were doing can wait for a few hours."

He regarded you with a sleepy gaze and nodded. "Okay." he murmured. Pushing away from the desk. 

He stood up, a little uneasy on his feet.

"Come on, you. Let's get you into some pyjamas and straight to bed."

You wrapped your right arm around his waist as his left settled around your shoulders. Together you made your way to your shared bedroom.

As you stepped into the darkened room, you heard him whispered into the darkness. "Thank you for coming to get me."

You took a pair of blue flannel, checked pajamas out of his wardrobe. Handing them to him, you smiled (even if he couldn't see it). "Anytime."

His arms suddenly wrapped around your waist as he pulled you close. He kissed the top of your head and you both stood there for several moments. You wrapped your arms around his neck and rested your head on his shoulder. "I love you." he whispered.

"I love you too." you replied.

You heard him yawn. 

"Time for bed, Stevie." you giggled.

He hummed in agreement.

Time for bed.

****

A/N: Can it really be? Are my eyes deceiving me?  8K? Are you sure? 

I'm truly and utterly humbled, thank you so, so much! :D