When He Thinks of You

A/N: This chapter is set before you both become involved with one another.

****

It had been one week since he had first laid eyes on you, as you sat beside him on that usually monotonous train journey.

That day had been like any other. He had boarded the carriage. Travelled to his desired destination. Exited said carriage. End of story. Yet he had been unable to get you out of his mind. You had taken up permanent residence within his every waking and sleeping thought. You were a ghost that he gladly allowed to haunt him daily.

Is this what it felt like to be obsessed? He wondered one cool and rainy afternoon, as he sat by the window. Coffee cup in one hand, book in the other.

The spy was unsure what it was about you exactly that had caught his attention. Perhaps it had been your calm demure amongst the cacophony of constant chatter and laughter? Or maybe it had been the way your lips curved into a slight smile and your eyes twinkled with delight as you turned each page of that worn novel of yours, eager to know what happened next. Although by the look of the cover, it was clear that you had read that book more than once. No, he was stumped. Unable to truly understand what such a shy but lovely creature would capture his attention in such a fierce way.

With a lack of your presence in his everyday life, he suspected that his curiosity would eventually fade and you would become a distant memory that, would only resurface as and when he felt nostalgic or poetic in some pretentious way.

He smirked at that last thought of his inner monologue and thus, began to read his book.