Death and Rebirth

Young Miss Siri knelt on her knees as the rain poured down on to her frail body. Her shivering body, hunched forward as she tried to keep herself awake. Her clothes have soaked through and clung to her body as the rain continued to fall in big droplets on to her. She had decided to kneel in front of the royal palace to beg King Cai to take back his decree.

Siri had been betrothed to Crown Prince Morgan since her birth and now at age 16, her family received the announcement to break off her engagement with Crown Prince Morgan's and instead engage him to her sister, First Young Miss Yelona. Ever since Siri was a baby, she was raised with a silver spoon for being the fiancee of the Crown Prince. She was given everything that needed to be learned to become the next Queen of a Kingdom. She had to learn from a young age, from teachers the four womanly arts of poetry, painting, chess and music. She was taught how to act like a Queen and how to treat her subjects. She put all her time into becoming a great Queen that she missed out on spending time with the Crown Prince.

Instead her sister Yelona, went to all the parties and became friends with all the nobility. Yelona became the most beloved woman in the city and was named the most beautiful as well. Siri soon had the reputation of an ugly girl who hides away in her courtyard so Crown Prince wouldn't see her ugly face and break the engagement. The rumors became so bad that the Crown Prince begged King Cai to break the engagement, threatening to commit suicide to avoid the marriage.

Unable to say no to his son, King Cai broke the engagement to Siri and instead engaged him to Yelona. King Cai couldn't insult the Chen family, for their long years of loyalty and strong connections through out the Kingdom, he instead decreed the engagement to the the older daughter of Prime Minister Chen. A beautiful Princess Consort for his son.

Unable to get an audience with the King, Siri knelt in front of the palace to show them her determination to marry the Crown Prince. All her hard work and sacrifices in her youth would be for nothing if she was no longer going to be engaged to Crown Prince Cai. She knelt there, in the same spot for two days and two nights, refusing to move, even when her maids came to get her. Even when her father came to get her, she refused to stand. She would rather die than go back to the Chen household and live a lonely life in her courtyard where all she did was study and train.

A fine gold carriage pulled up beside her and as it stopped, the curtain lifted for a second before the person inside told the driver to continue. Who ever it was inside, she didn't know nor did she care. She wanted them to all know, that she was determined marry into the royal family. The carriage passed by and entered the palace without being inspected. Who ever it was, they were part of the royal family.

Siri's sight grew fuzzy as the rain pelted on to her. With every second her eyelids became heavier and heavier. Soon darkness consumed her and her body fell forward. The cold had won she felt the cold enter her and hit her heart. Embedding itself into her bones. She was so cold, she felt hot and yet, she felt nothing.

------------------

When Siri's eyes opened, she could feel the cold all the way down to her bones. Even with the five blankets that covered her, even with the fire place blazing and the window's closed, as to not let the wind enter her quarters. A maid who sat next to her, was leaning on the arm of the chair, her face resting on her hand as sweat dripped down her face. Her clothes clung to her body as sweat seeped through, making her clothes stick to her body.

Where am I? Siri thought as she looked around the elegant room. It was furnished lavishly with paintings, vases, and musical instruments. The room had dozens of books, stacked together in piles all over the room. Who is the girl who sat next to her, as if she was watching over her?

Siri wrinkled her forehead in pain as a migraine caused her to grimace. The last thing she remembered was getting driven home from a 20 hour operation. Her driver had picked her up and they were heading home. She heard a loud screech then a loud bang. She felt herself get swung in circles as the window broke and glass flew. Her phone was knocked out of her hand and her belongings from her purse flew out. It happened so quickly, she didn't know what happened to her. And yet, here she was, lying in a strangers bed as the hot room became hotter and her body sweated out the cold that had infused in her body.

Siri slowly removed the five blankets on top of her and froze as she looked down her body. This can't be her body. She thought as the dress that she wore hung off of her loosely. What happened to her breasts! Why were they so flat?!? And why does she have zero muscles! Why is she so thin? And her skin, why is it so ghostly white?!? Her hair fell forward and her hand reached up to touch it. Why is it silver?!? Did she grow old over night? Why is it so long? Didn't she have shoulder length hair?

Siri slowly got off the bed, panicking inside while trying not to wake the young girl up who sat beside her. She slowly crept to the desk that had a hand mirror, out of breath, she sat down and with shaky hands she lifts the mirror up and turns it around to see herself.

Silver hair, silver eyes, almond shape eyes, delicate eyebrows, straight nose, pink full lips, high cheek bones. Young. Too young. This isn't her. This isn't Siri Chinoy. This isn't Doctor Siri Chinoy. Who the hell is she?