Lady Chunhua

Tsuyoi and Siri played chess until dinner.  It was only then that Tsuyoi excused himself to go eat dinner by himself and his other disciple that caused a scene today.  As he was escorted back by a eunuch to his courtyard, he saw Lady Chunhua waiting by the gates with her maids and another eunuch. 

"This disciple greets Master Teacher."  Chunhua said as she bowed to him.  "This disciple would have greeted you earlier, however was held back by Queen Siri and was reprimanded harshly by her and has made this disciple lose face in front of many people.  You must seek justice for this disciple." 

Tsuyoi sighed heavily at her, feeling a headache starting to form on his temple. 

"Have you not heard a single word this Master Teacher taught you?"  Tsuyoi asked. 

"I have heard and listened to Master Teacher and have not disobeyed Master Teacher ever!"  Chunhua said as she bowed her head. 

"You must not have listened for we had this conversation several times in the past."  He told her. 

"Master, she embarrassed me!  She had her guards carry me out!  A Lady of standing!"  Chunhua cried out as tears fell down her face. 

"Kneel!"  Tsuyoi shouted as his anger got the better of him.  He had always spoken to her in a stern voice, never yelling or shouting at her.  And yet today, with the threat of her endangering her own life, she still did not learn from his teachings. 

"M-master Teacher..." Chunhua began to say but was interrupted by him again. 

"You dare question me?"  Tsuyoi said.  "Do you not see me as your Master Teacher anymore?"

"Forgive Chunhua!  Chunhua has made a mistake.  Forgive Chunhua.  There will only be Master Teacher Tsuyoi as my Master Teacher no one else!" Chunhua said as she kneeled.  Tears streamed down her face as she cried. 

Master Teacher never shouted at her before.  Never so much as yell at her and today he shouted at her because of Siri!  Her tears fell as Master Teacher lectured her even more sternly than he has ever done before. 

"You have made me lose face today Chunhua!"  Tsuyoi lectured.  "You know full well this is the royal palace and yet you implicated royal servants in your schemes." 

"I---"  She began to say. 

"You must really not see me as your Master Teacher anymore since you want to talk back to me instead of listen and admit to your crimes!" Tsuyoi cut her off.  "Do you forget that I am your Master Teacher, I helped raise you!  I know you and your heart better than you know yourself!  I see what you are trying to do and let me tell you now.  If you do not change the course of your actions, then I can not save you from the outcome.  I cannot save you from yourself, if you do not change your mindset.  Think about what I have said.  Think about your wrongdoings.  I will come get you in two hours.  Should you not be here when I come back, then our ties as Master Teacher and disciple ends today."

Tsuyoi flicks his robe away, leaving in a huff.  He had lost his temperament and scolded her.  It was his fault for not keeping an eye on her and guiding her out of her feelings for her first love. Now Ryu is a dragon among men and she is but a blade of grass to him.  Siri is Ryu's phoenix and can only see her bright flames. 

--------

Two hours later Tsuyoi comes back to see Chunhua still kneeling in front of the gates of his courtyard. 

"Come."  He tells her as he walks back.  He doesn't even help her up.  Her maids helped her up as she stands.  Her legs have fallen asleep a long time ago and felt numb.  Her maids help her walk inside of the house were the table of food was laid out for her.