First Steps

Ryu stared at her while she talked.  She was able to diagnose his ailment and suggest a solution to avoid poisoning his body even more.  She was serious when she talked.  Giving her an image of someone very knowledgeable and reliable.  Which in turn comforted his fear and cooled down his anger. 

"Do you know how to cure me?" He asked. 

Siri smirked slyly and arrogantly.  "Did you think you married a useless wife? Ha!  Even though I've never encountered this kind of poison before, I'm confident it my ability to read and understand every book that has come into my hand! And lucky for you, you married this wife! I got in my hands a book about rare plants and their uses.  And in this precious rare book, the Moonlight Silence is in it.  Which in turn, not only lets me know everything about the flower, but it's uses and it's cure."

Siri smile widen at Ryu as she kept reminding him how lucky he was to marry her.  Hopefully he'll not kill her so soon.  "So yes, I do know how to cure you.  You'll be my first poison patient to cure!" 

Her eyes lit up it excitement at the thought of curing him and Ryu being beholden to her.  She would be his life's savior which would mean that he couldn't and wouldn't kill her.  She could hold this over his head forever and he wouldn't be able to do anything about it because he would have to owe his life to her! Her inner goddess within her gloated and laughed joyously.

"You've never cured a person from poison before?"  He asked her. 

"Nope!  Never met a poisoned person before.  Hell, never met so many people before I married you."  She told him.  "But don't worry.  This wife of yours won't fail you!  I have faith in my abilities to cure you, so you should as well!"

He looked at his wife's smiling face and for a second he thought she looked quiet pretty.  However with his experience, smiling faces while asking for someone's trust was something that was hard for him to do. 

"What ever you need.  Just ask and it'll be provided."  He told her. 

"Em."  Siri nodded while standing up.  "This wife will leave first so I can start curing you.  In the meantime, have someone help you stretch your legs so the muscle won't be so tight.  Do it twice a day so when I cure your poison, you're legs would be in a good condition.  Please remember what I told you about your food and drinks.  I'll find the cure, while you find the culprit!"

Ryu watched Siri's back as she left before laying down on his bed again.  He sighed heavily as he stared at his ceiling and on his ceiling were two paintings.  One of a ice cave and another of a scenery of a willow tree by a stream with animals and lotuses. 

----------------

Siri went straight to finding any and all information on the Moonlight Silence and how to cure Ryu.  She was completely in a zone to cure him that a week later, she knew everything there was to know about Moonlight Silence and how to harvest, replant, transport, grow and make the Crippling Silver Petal and it's cure. 

By the second week she had several batches of the ingredients needed for the cure, however the only ingredient that she was missing was the petal from Moonlight Silence. 

She had not seen her husband in the two weeks and she was fine with it.  As long as he kept to his court and she kept to hers she could live out the year in marriage with him in peace. 

"Princess, Steward Mo is here to see you."  Meda said as she entered Siri's bedroom as Siri finished getting ready for the day.  "Of course.  Please have him wait in the receiving room.  I'll be there soon." 

Siri had met Steward Mo only once since she married Prince Ryu.  And it was only in passing.  Knowing his high position in Ryu's household, she didn't make him wait long. 

"Steward Mo.  What brings you here to my quaint courtyard so early this morning?"  Siri asked. 

"Princess Siri, Prince Ryu has requested for your presence.  King Cai has invited you and Prince Ryu to the Peony Koi Pond to attend a banquet.  Prince Ryu will be here in an hour to come pick you up." 

"Of course. Thank you, Steward Mo for coming so far to pass on this message to me." 

Steward Mo quickly left and Siri went back into her room to change.  Since transmigrating to Yukah Kingdom, she didn't go with the norm of what was the correct way to wear her hair, she always left her hair down or pulled it up into a ponytail.  Any fancy things, like putting hair pins, strings of pearls, jade, silver, or gold in her hair were too much of a hassle so she ordered her maids not to fix her hair in the mornings. 

But now that she had to show her face to the King and his wives, she couldn't make Ryu loose any face.  Siri's maids all worked on her at once while Nurse Mi and Nurse Nancy went through her closet to go through her dresses to pick out something to wear.  Rose repainted her nails and lotion her hands and arms while Meda combed and styled her hair.  Gilldy had the steadiest hands so she put makeup on Siri's face.

"Don't use too much powder."  Siri said.  "I don't want to look like a ghost." 

"Yes, Princess."  Gilldy said as she lightly powdered her face. 

By the end of the hour warning, Ryu's carriage arrived just as she slipped her feet inside her shoes.  Her dress that she decided on was a dark plum dress.  It had gold chrysanthemum embroidered on her dress.  Siri's hair was pinned up with pearls and several rare red jade hair pins given to Siri as a wedding gift from Ryu.  One red jade hair pin could buy three cities, so she wore it to show it off.  She wore red jade dropped earrings and two red jade rings on her hands.

"Princess, you look absolutely beautiful."  Nurse Nancy confessed.  Since serving their new Princess, she had realized how much she had wronged their new mistress.  Siri had a patient, quiet, and fair heart.  She didn't put on any airs about their standing in life unless she was disrespected. She shared her knowledge of healing to them and taught them with patience.  She answered them calmly and throughly until they understood her.  She didn't demand any outrageous things from them and made their life hard.  After spending time serving their Princess, Nurse Nancy completely served Princess Siri wholeheartedly and thought that she was the best fit for their Prince. 

"Are you saying that this Princess was not beautiful before?" Siri asked as she twirled in a circle for them.