Changes

It took Siri two months to recuperate to full health again.  During those two months, Ryu ascended to the throne and on his coronation day, he announced to the Kingdom that he was cured.  He had full use and function of his legs and he unveiled to everyone just how strong he was at Heavenly Dragon Martial Stage.  

He kept 200,000 of his private soldiers within the city and sent 300,000 of his soldiers to the boarder.  All the previous guards and soldiers that were loyal to his brother were all transferred to the country.  It wasn't until he was crowned King did he let Queen Yuna leave with Crown Prince Morgan to an assigned property with his guards watching over them until their end of days.  

King Cai's concubines were sent off to the cold palace where they would spend the rest of their days.  While Cai's sons were sent off to live far away at another heavily guarded property far way from civilization.  Cai's daughters were Ryu's chess pieces.  They were to be married off to other Prince, Marques or Dukes from other visiting coutries.  

In the royal back palace where all the concubines would have lived, was empty.  All of the courtyards were cleaned and closed down.  In the King's royal chambers, Ryu had Siri move in with him the same day he was crowned King and her, his Queen.  

Siri was still weak at the time, but refused to look ill or sickly in front of the Generals, Ministers, Nobles and Royal families.  She had to put makeup on to brighten her pale complexion.  During the whole ceremony, she had to lean on her maids, but she made it through with no incidents.  

During the celebration, she was fine as long as she was sitting, so it went without a hitch as well. 

During the two months, Ryu was busy setting new laws, assigning, replacing and promoting new ministers and generals.  He was busy, but he made time to see her everyday.  He would make sure they spend lunch and dinner with each other before going back to running the kingdom.  

After those two months, Siri began slowly taking walks all over the royal palace.  Walking from one flower garden to the next.  When she took these walks, she would have her four maids, two nurses and 20 guards with her at all times.  

Jonas, who she once saved from a life threatening injury, has now become the head of her guardsmen and took his job very seriously.  She was his life's savior, how could he let her down or be disloyal towards her.  He saw it as his life's mission to protect her.  

During one of these walks they ended up quite far from the royal chambers.  The courtyard she went to was the royal courtyard that Ryu's mother use to occupy.  Ryu told fond stories of his mother to Siri and his time when he was young when he was being raised by his mother.  

His first six years of life, he was raised by his Mother and his Nurses.  When he turned five, he had to leave with his Master Teacher Tsuyoi.  From a young age he had to be taught everything that was required to learn to be a King.  He first learned about poetry, painting, policies, laws, history and music.  All the while learning about war strategies, rulers and families of other Kingdoms, and martial fighting.  

For ten of those years he spent traveling with his Master Teacher and some of his disciples.  When he turned 15, he was sent to the borders to train and fight alongside soldiers and generals.  Within 3 years he made a name for himself and came back to the royal city to celebrate his victory battle that he won for Yukah Kingdom.  

It was on this trip back home that he was first poisoned then confined to his eastern courtyard for 7 years.  

Ryu's mother died shortly after Ryu left with his Master Teacher.  She had always had a weak constitution and risked her life having a second son in her older years in life.  She raised him until she knew she could no longer stay alive to see him grow up and defend himself, so she asked Master Teacher Tsuyoi to watch over him and help guide him.  

Ryu didn't get to go to his mother's funeral nor see her headstone until he came back at 18 years old.  Only then was he able to meet his dead mother's tombstone with his head held up high with his achievements.  

Siri entered the Leisure Koi Pond Courtyard and walked the pathway until it reached the flower garden.  Behind the flower garden was the koi pond that Concubine Kiko, Ryu's mother, loved, but where Ryu learned how to swim.  

As Siri made her way through the pond, there was an old man in a scholarly dark blue robe standing in the pavilion that was in the middle of the pond.   He had a full set of white hair and a white beard.  He had his hands behind his back as he became lost in his memories as he watched the koi pond with bittersweetness.  

Siri wondered who the scholar was, but seeing how the old man was here in the royal palace without a guard or servant by his side, he must be someone important.  No one could sneak into the royal palace with all the guards and soldiers inside the royal palace.  

Siri took her time walking the long bridge to the pavilion.  Her curiosity got the better of her so she decided to meet this mysterious stranger.  

Siri could feel the scholar stare at her as she walked down the long bridge with her train of servants and guards.  Siri could sense that he didn't care so much about her disturbing his private time, nor was he scared of being found out by them, which made her wonder even more, who the old man was.  

When Siri reached the pavilion, instead of talking to him and asking him who he was and why he was there, she sat down at the table where a game of chess had been set out.  Siri stared at the board before making her move.  

The old man watch Siri and her strange decision to play chess instead of interrogating him.  He watched her with his fingers combing through his beard wondering what her endgame was.  Deciding to play along, he sits on the opposite side of her and plays his move.  

Within minutes, the old man was lost in the game as his competitive streak came out.  The young woman gave him a challenge and he hasn't had someone who could keep up with him in such a long time.  A game that he thought would take no more than twenty minutes became an hour long chess game that was in her favor.  

He couldn't believe it.  He lost his first game of chess in so many years.  And to a young woman no less.  

"This young one, gives thanks to Elder for giving this young one pointers."  Siri said as she signaled for the cold tea to be poured for them.  Siri picks up her cup and holds it up to toast him.  "It is with Elder's grace that Elder let this young one win."  

The old man laughed heartedly.  The young woman was not only smart but also has a sly tongue.  She was formidable indeed.  She was the one who won the game and yet she complemented him by giving the respect by calling him an Elder, then thank him for giving her pointers and letting her win!  Ha! What a clever woman. She was interesting.  

"Shall we play again?"  He said as he took a sip of the cold tea to clear and quench his throat.  

Again they played the second game, but instead of it taking an hour, it only took twenty minutes.  And yet again, the woman won again.  The old man scratched his head and fiddled with his beard before drinking all of the contents in the teacup.  

Rose immediately refilled the cup and he emptied it once more.  

"Again."  He said as  Rose filled up the tea cup once more.  

This time the game only lasted 15 minutes.  Then 10 minutes.  Then 8 minutes.  All of the times, the young woman won.  

"Young Lady."  The old man said as he smiled grimly at her.  She didn't even let him win once!  Not only that but each time she played with him, the time became smaller and smaller, giving him no face at all.  "What is your name?  Can you tell this Elder?"  

Siri smiled at the old man and introduced herself to him.  "Elder, this young one's  name is Queen Siri and I'm going to save you."