Decree

It has been a month since she came to this strange world.  The country she now lived in was called Yukah Kingdom and the world had no electronics.  It was a crude world, still in it's stages of developing and yet, it had mystical powers and beasts.  Powers that were far beyond her control.  Far beyond her modern world of the 21st century on Earth.  She had kept to herself, like before, re-reading about history while reading about different plants and herbs.  She knew the medicine the Doctor gave her was medicine for it helped her heal, but she wanted to know what was in it.  What were the plants and it's properties. 

Siri read more and more medical books and her father complied and gave her what ever she asked for.  Siri figured, if the Doctor couldn't cure her, maybe she could cure herself.  What ever this Spirit of Coldness was she wanted to learn everything about it and figure out a way to chase it away.  Because deep down inside she could feel the coldness lurking inside of her, never going away.  And no matter how many layers of clothes she wore or how big the fire was in the fireplace, she was still cold, down to the bone. 

-----------

Two Years Later

"Kneel and accept the King's decree."  The Eunuch said as he read out the decree from the King. 

Siri stepped forward from her house and knelt down while holding out her hands, palms up, like how she remembered in the movies she use to watch.  Her eyes glued to the ground as she listened to the Eunuch's words. 

"On this day, the Seventh day of Shana, the 39th year of King Cai's reign, Lady Siri Chen, Third Young Miss to Prime Minister Chen shall be bestowed the engagement to Prince Ryu Akiyama, of the First Class." He read. "The date of their marriage would be on the eighteenth day of  Shana, the 39th year of King Cai's reign." 

The Eunuch rolled up the scroll then laid the scroll into Siri's outstretched hands. 

"This Lady wholeheartedly accepts King Cai's decree and thanks King Cai for his magnanimity for this blessing."  Siri said as she held on to the decree. 

It had been two years since she woken up since her transmigration.  She had slowly figured out what happened to her to be able to come to this strange world and into this strange dimension.  Through her dreams at night, she was able to regain her memories and knowledge of the world.  And yet she felt like she knew nothing about the world.  She had learned about her family, she had two sisters and two brothers.  They were all from Frank's concubines, while her mother, the legitimate first wife, died in child birth when Siri was born.  Her mother had been a famous female doctor who saved the Queen Dowager and that was the reason why she was engaged to the Crown Prince upon her birth.  The reason why she was given teachers and tutors at such a young age, for it was to prepare her for her marriage into the royal family. 

Why the young, foolish, and lonely young miss would want to marry into the royal family was beyond her knowledge, but she felt like a weight had lifted since the engagement was broken. Siri had wanted to live a quiet life here in the new world.  So she kept to herself and lived a life of pampering and luxury for a young lady. She had hoped to live a maiden's life for a couple more years.  Seeing how no one would want to be engaged to the Crown Prince's "left overs" and seeing how there were rumors about her being ugly, she thought she would at least have a couple of years to herself, but now she was bestowed the marriage to Prince Ryu, she knew her life would be turned upside down again. 

Prince Ryu is King Cai's youngest brother by 41 years and was only 11 years old when King Cai became King.  The only reason why King Cai kept Prince Ryu around was that he was the only blood brother of King Cai and Prince Ryu was only a child when he became King.  Prince Ryu was not a threat to the throne. 

However when Prince Ryu grew up, he became popular with the citizens of Yukah.  He was handsome and talented.  Not only was he a Noble Phoenix Martial Stage fighter at a young age of 16.  He also knew how to attract the attention of Generals and Ministers, making King Cai insecure in his power over the throne.  However when Prince Ryu was 18 years old, he got into an accident which caused his legs to become paralyzed.  Since then he was known as the Wasted Prince.  The Useless Prince. 

Now at 25 years old, he still lives in the Eastern courtyard of the royal palace, so his King Brother could keep an eye on him.  And at 25, he should have been married with several children already, however his first wife died mysteriously two weeks after she got married to him and the second wife died on the way, during the marriage progression, to get married to him. Since then, no Generals or Ministers offered their daughter to become his wife.  And now, the King has suddenly granted a decree of marriage to Prince Ryu and Siri. 

The Eunuch stared down at the young woman and saw how graceful she was.  How quietly and calmly she handled the situation.  The rumors about her being ugly, rudely, and stubborn, he didn't see it from her.  However, he reserved his judgement and observed the beautiful, young lady as she stood and bowed to him and her father, Prime Minister Frank. 

When Eunuch Tomo left, he immediately reported to King Cai what happened and along the way, he reported what happened to his true King, Prince Ryu.