Cruise

I know, I haven't touched anything at Wattpad for a while, but I had to deal with a bout of Writer's Block. It's a long wait between updates, and I sure hope I can resume frequently updating both this one-shot collection as well as the other Karma Akabane x OC fanfiction. So uh, sorry for those of you who had to wait. Anyway, I think that's quite enough rambling. Let's get started, shall we?
**************************************************************************************************************
"Hey, Hayoung? When was the last time we had a holiday?"

"Why are you suddenly bringing this up?"

Karma whipped out a flyer with a flourish, waving it in Hayoung's face. "Some guy outside my office handed me this! And check it out, it's for a first-class cruise! What'd ya say?"

Hayoung took the flyer from Karma and examined it. Indeed, it was for a three-day luxury cruise. Her eyes roved lazily up and down the flyer, and then back to a Karma that looked like he was about to burst in excitement. His face fell at her stoic expression.

"You're not even the least bit excited about this?"

"It's probably just my expression. My facial muscles can get tired from smiling, or just forming expressions in general."

"Never heard that before."

"Regardless of whether you believe it or not, it happens."

"Right. I'll take your word for it." Karma raised an eyebrow at her, still sceptical.

"So, should we go?"

"You want to?"

Hayoung typed in the link for the company's website. "Why shouldn't we? It's been some time since we've actually went on a holiday. You said that yourself."

And it wasn't as if they couldn't afford it, either. Both of them had steady jobs that paid a lot. Karma's position at the Ministry of Economics, Trade and Investment could easily pay for the expenses on this cruise without any involvement from Hayoung, who was a deputy headmistress at a elite private academy. To be honest, it was about time they spent some of the money they've been saving up in their bank accounts.

Hayoung scrolled down to the dates for each scheduled cruise. "So, when do we go?"

Karma read the dates over Hayoung's shoulder. "The sooner, the better. I need a damn break, and fast."

"The closest date we have is March 14. You good with that?"

Karma's eyes twitched at the date. March 14 was two freaking weeks away! He sighed. Sacrifices have to made, after all.

"Fine. Make a booking."

"Alright, then."

As if something in Karma's head lit up, his irritated expression was replaced with one of his mischievous ones. Hayoung knew that he was going to tease her about the long awaited kiss. Her so-called 'no kiss period', according to Karma, was already over, and she had to abide by her promise and let him kiss her. So far, every attempt to do so had been unsuccessful. She wasn't exactly sure why she kept resisting his advances, but she supposed that it was slightly amusing to see Karma practically blow up in frustration when his plan to steal a kiss from her didn't go the way he expected (and wanted).