Amusement Park Date

It had been nearly an hour, and yet Karma was still driving around the parking lot of the amusement park, desperately searching for a space. The lot seemed to be completely full of cars, and with every corner he turned, there was a line of cars filling up all the available space. Unbelievable. He'd thought setting out early would help his chances of finding a good spot, but fate just had to be terrible and get them stuck in a half-hour jam. Since they've arrived, he'd just been aimlessly circling the car around the entire parking lot hoping by some miracle they'd manage to find a perfectly empty spot and not have it immediately be stolen.
He'd asked Hayoung to keep an eye out for spots, but judging from her silence she'd turned up nothing.

At last, just as he'd thought he should just park outside on the street nearby, an empty spot shone underneath his headlights. Karma had to hold back a whoop as he quickly pulled into it and killed the engine. Before Hayoung could even touch the door handle, he'd already opened it for her and offered his hand, which she took. She looked much less severe than usual in a powder blue blouse over a long white skirt and pristine white sneakers. Hand in hand, they headed for the ticket booth at the entrance. Thankfully, the line wasn't too horribly long. After a few more minutes of waiting, Karma quickly purchased their tickets and they headed in.

The sky was rapidly growing dark by the time they actually went into the park. This was different from the summer festival by leagues. It seemed everything in the amusement park was lit up by bright lights of every colour imaginable, from the rides to the little snack stalls scattered about the park.

Karma looked all around, unable to make a choice. "So... which of the rides do you want to go on?"

Hayoung pointed to a swinging ride shaped like a boat that was currently in motion, going back and forth in the air with its load of screaming passengers. "That one looks interesting."

Karma looked at the ride and grinned. "Now you're talking! Come on, I think it's about done."

As it was, there was quite a queue in line for the ride. Karma and Hayoung took their places in the queue and soon enough, the boat came to a stop on the ground and the passengers disembarked, some ecstatic while others looked like they were on the verge of fainting. The amusement park employee opened the gate and the people milled in, quickly finding seats and strapping themselves in.

"Now, Hayoung. Make sure to scream when you're in the air." Karma advised.

"And why should I do that?"

"I heard from Ash you should, otherwise you'll feel really lightheaded."

"It's more likely I'll damage my vocal chords first."

Before Karma could reply, the ride launched off. Startled, he let out a yell that soon turned into gleeful screaming and whooping, mixed with a generous amount of cussing. Hayoung, on the other hand, simply sat in her seat, unflinching and unmoving. Not a single sound escaped from her. The ride swung high up into the air, and Karma felt the wind against his face and clothes. When the ride finally stopped, Karma stepped off, his hair and clothes all messed up and his heart beating three times faster than it usually did. Hayoung looked just as messy as he was, with flyaways in her hair. However, her face was completely composed as if she didn't just go on a crazy amusement park ride.

Karma ran a hand through his hair, attempting to tame it. "Alright. What's next?"

"Maybe you should pick this time." Hayoung suggested.

Karma scanned the park, and his eyes landed on a gift shop. "Before we do that, I think we should get some souvenirs."
*****************************************************************************************************
"I would've never pegged you as the type to go on an amusement park date." Hayoung mused as Karma browsed the racks of animal headbands and caps. "Aren't you supposed the master of all things unconventional?"