Halloween Party

Yep, it's related to the previous one-shot! I guess you can sort of consider this a part two continuation of the last one, so here we go! Enjoy, and happy reading!
****************************************************************************************************************
Karma shrugged into his coat and struck a pose in front of the full-length mirror. Their costumes had been finished, and he and Hayoung had went to collect them as soon as they received Kaguya's call. The coat turned out to be even better than it was on paper. The hem was ragged, giving off the aura that the coat was weathered from long use. Instead of buttons or zippers, there were strips of black leather embellished with brass buckles. Silver chains hung from the shoulders, and in his dress shirt, pants and combat boots, he looked like a wizard from an urban fantasy.

"Well, aren't I a handsome devil."

"Don't be so vain."

Karma's eyes widened a fraction when he saw Hayoung step out the bathroom, already changed into her dress through the mirror. Her dress was simple, but she the most elegant woman he'd seen in it. The bell-shaped skirt fell to her feet, and trailed gracefully as she walked. The blouse was sweet and simple, made of white silk with overlapping lapels.

"Hayoung... How striking."

"I think Kaguya might have to handle the makeup, though."

"Yeah. You'd look horrendous if I was doing it."

"I suppose that would still be a compliment. It's Halloween, after all."

"But of course. But it would defeat the purpose of you dressing up as a graceful, beautifully mysterious spirit, no?"

"Yes."

Karma stepped back and put an arm around Hayoung. "Bet no one will ever know just what the heck we are."

"When is the party?"

Karma titled his head. "Maehara told me it's about six. Still plenty of time."
****************************************************************************************************************
By six, Karma and Hayoung were in the car, on the way to Maehara's house. They'd stopped by Kaguya's shop on the way, for Hayoung to get her makeup done. She didn't look any different than usual, but Kaguya had applied some sort of shimmery face powder that made her skin glow under stark light. Even now, the lights of large buildings and the headlights of other cars were reflecting off her pale skin. Her black hair contrasted dramatically against it, making her look surreal. Karma had decided to amp up the awesomeness factor of his coat by wearing one of his three-piece suits underneath, and his best dress shoes. When they arrived at Maehara's place, the party was in full swing. They were greeted by Maehara himself, who was dressed as a vampire, holding a glass of red wine.

"Yo! Karma, Haru! Glad you guys could make it!"

"Great to see you too, Maehara." Karma said.

Maehara ushered them both in, making a great deal out of swishing his cape around. Karma could spot many old classmates, including Sugino, Kanzaki, Okuda and last but not least, Nagisa and Kayano.

"Karma, Haru! Hey!"

Sugino poked at Karma's costume. "Just what in the heck are you supposed to be?"

"A badass wizard. Duh."

"Uh... Aren't you supposed to have a staff or wand or something?"