The Start of the End

Chimney's POV

Ant walked into my bedroom covered in blood. He looked shocked and scared. He was shaking and leaned against the wall.

"They're there all right."he said."And they're waiting."he passed out.

Sky came in right as he hit the ground."Surprise attacks, biting, screams and cries. Wasn't fun."Sky tried to smile."There's at least 2,000 waiting for us."

"I'm so sorry."I said."I didn't know. I could've gotten you killed."

"It's fine. I'll go put Ant back in bed. Diamond's already sleeping."he yawned."I think I might too."

"We need you though!"I exclaimed.

"In a bit."he replied."You know, the guards are waiting, so...you can go with them."he smiled."See you."

__________________________

I walked to the edge of the field. I unsheathed my sword. A million other guards did it along with me.

"Come at me, bro."I whispered.

Suddenly, a wave of black jumped up from the ground. There were hundreds if bats looking at me with their red eyes. A few seconds later, the whole field was uncovered, and bats were everywhere. A few guards ran in, a few began shooting arrows. I just stood back and watched.

"Wait!"cried a voice. Bats froze in midair, hovering a few inches from peoples' faces."Chimney, I'll give you an hour. Go ahead, set up your tents and stuff. This is a request from Quake."

"No!"I shouted back, slicing my sword through a few strangling bats.

"Have it your way then. Resume."it said.

A few bats came flying at me. I sliced through them. Even though it was easy, bats just kept on coming. I tried to estimate how many were coming at a second. About 100,I thought. I sliced through a few bats.

"Chimney!"Hunter shouted to me."The first tent is up! GO!"

I ran through the blood and sword that were flying all around. It was two much for me. This was a life or death situation. I punched some random dude in the face.

Wait. He was human! What? What was going on? Whose side was he on? I sighed and ran into the tent, happy that I was still alive.