Advancment

Toby's POV

Night was falling fast. Why would Diamond just storm out? She'll could get killed. I can't believe Dan and Diamond are dating. And I can't believe that Dan just did that! I caught a glimpse of Diamond flying into the sky. What was she doing?

And then she started to fall. How? Couldn't she control her powers? I raced underneath her, fighting away fists and wings. I caught her, but it knocked me off my feet. This was not going well.

And suddenly, a swarm if bats came zooming at me at full speed. I felt a head in my side. It was Diamond.

"Please protect me."she whispered.

"I will."I replied. I held up my torch."We will."

Just as I had theorized, the bats avoided the light and zoomed over us. It was majestic watching them fly over.

__________________________

If any of you have seen the Croods, it's like when Guy held up the fire and the red birds avoided him.

__________________________

Chimney's POV

Quake had taken us to the bats' base. Her boots clanked against the marble floor, but I couldn't help but tip-toe. This is probably the scariest moment of my life.

Quake stopped and held up a finger to my mouth. She peered around the corner. She slipped back.

"Does anyone have a black jacket or black dye?"she whispered."I could use it right about now."

Dan tossed her his jacket."Don't get blood on it."he joked.

She disappeared around the corner. And then there was a scream.

It was a scream of delight of course. Coming from a man. That dude must be crazy.

"Quake!"he squealed."I thought you were go-one!"

"You would think that Drake, but no one can beat you."she paused."Except for me!"

Something clanged against the ground. There was the sound of metal scraping a chalkboard. I covered my ears.

"Quake!"I screamed, bursting into the room.

"What?"she asked. She had someone's head in her hands.

I stood gaping.

"It's fake. All a robot."she sighed."Maybe he'll show his face later."