Chapter 2

"Jonah, dear," I groan in my sleep and roll over, so my face is smashed into my pillows. "Jonah, Abram wants to talk to you today,"

"I don't want to talk to him," I grumble into my pillow. It is probably way too early to talk to him anyway.

"Honey, you know I cannot understand you when you talk into your pillow, everything comes out muffled and jumbled," My mother complains.

I snort into the pillow before turning my head, my eyes still closed. "I said I don't want to talk to him. I'm trying to sleep," I say before smashing my face back into my pillows.

"Jonah, it is already one in the afternoon, shouldn't you be getting up?" Mom asks, only her voice says that I better get my ass up or else.

I move my head from my pillow to speak. "One is too early, try back again around four,"

Mom sighs loudly. "Jonah, get out of bed before I have Abram drag you out of it,"

"He's probably too busy fucking Trigg to do that," I say bluntly, then I remember this is my mom I am talking to and immediately feel bad for the language. "Sorry, ma,"

"I will forgive you once you get out of bed," Mom replies.

I groan annoyed and roll out of the bed, falling onto the floor and dragging my blanket with me. "I'm out of bed, happy?" I ask as I make myself comfortable on the floor, prepared to go back to sleep.

"Jonah Jericho Forrester, get up right now, get showered, eat something, and then go talk to your Alpha. He could have something very important to talk about and all you can do is sleep like a lazy bum," Mom huffs.

I roll my eyes and sit up, the blanket falling to my waist. I have a mini panic attack thinking I went to bed naked and that mom will see my 'all grown up' parts, but then I spot the Superman boxers and breathe a sigh of relief.

"Hurry up now, I will be out in the garden if you need me," Mom says and then exits my room.

I yawn and throw my arms above my head in a much-needed stretch. Then I jump to my feet and quickly make my bed. I hate the look of an unmade bed. Yeah, sure, it's just going to get messed up when you sleep in it again later that night, but during the day it looks nice. It makes me feel good inside, okay?

After making my bed I go to the closet and pull out some clothes for the day, just a pair of shiny purple basketball shorts, a tightfitting white Underarmor tank top, a fresh pair of tightfitting black boxers (I like tightfitting clothing), socks, and running shoes. I guess I want to look sporty today. Then, I move to the bathroom and take a quick shower.

Once out of the shower I pull my clothes on and then head to the kitchen for a bowl of milk and cereal. Mmh, I love cereal, especially Marshmallow Mateys. Which is why I pour a big bowl of Marshmallow Matey's, probably enough for four people, but oh well, I'll eat it all.

I take my bowl to the living room and plop down on the couch and then turn the T.V on to Cartoon Network, currently, Teen Titans are playing, it's an okay show. Okay, so maybe I am still a child, but who cares, I only have to adult when I do Beta duties, which is actually pretty rare.

Ha, I wonder if my mate would be okay with me being a giant child still, or if they would want me to change. For my mate I would change, it would be hard, but I would do it for them. I wouldn't change for anyone else though, no fucking way. Everyone else can fucking deal and mind their own damn business. I'd do anything to please my mate though. Damn, I am so desperate and not even ashamed of it.

Can you blame me for being desperate though? Beta's are technically supposed to be mated by the time they take over their role as Beta, but I have the coolest Alpha, and best friend, who didn't make me choose a mate those five years ago. Anyway, I have been waiting for my mate for sixteen years now, I am so desperate to find them that I am ready to take a world-wide trip to every country, state, town, village, anywhere my mate might be hiding. Shit, I'll even go to the desert and jungle if my mate could be there.