Chapter 37

Micah practically jumps with joy as he rings the doorbell. Even Human wags his tail high in the air as he remembers this house. I smile at Micah since all he has been talking about was coming to see Bowie, he seriously loves the little kid.

The door opens slowly and a headful of black hair pops out. The first thing I notice are his piercing green eyes. His eyes seem to stare into my soul and capture all of my attention. The sun even catches his eyes, causing the green to pop and practically blind me. I gulp nervously. A nine-year-old boy's eyes are freaking me out. How pathetic.

"Hey, Mathias," Micah greets cheerily. "Is Bowie home?"

Mathias looks to Micah who doesn't seem to be as affected as I was with his captivating eyes. He slowly nods his head and then opens the door wider.

"He's with ma," He whispers.

Micah grins wide as he steps into the house, Human right at his side sniffing the air. I follow Micah and Mathias to the living room after shutting the front door. Micah immediately gravitates to Bowie who plays on the floor with some toys. I smile at how adorable it is that Micah would go to the child first. It's like those people at a gathering where instead of talking with the other guests they feel more comfortable with the dog. That's how Micah is, only he feels more comfortable with the two-year-old.

"Hello, Summer," I greet as I take a seat on the couch. "How have you been?"

Summer sets her book down on the side table and grins at me. "I've been good. I'm just ready for this little one to come," She says as she rubs her bursting belly.

"When are you due?" Micah suddenly asks, a toy train in his hand as he looks up at Summer.

Summer smiles at him. "Any day now," She rubs her belly some more. "It's gonna be tough having a newborn, a two-year-old, plus sixteen puppies in the house all at once," She sighs.

"I'm going to help you with the puppies, Summer, don't worry," Micah grins.

"I'm sure Micah would love to help you with Bowie and the new one too," I say with a grin.

Summer smiles. "You do enjoy Bowie, don't you?"

Micah blushes hard. "I like kids,"

Summer giggles. "Well, Micah, you can come over whenever you want to spend time with him, plus, I'm sure you would like the new one when he ever decides to come,"

Micah beams happily. "Really?"

"Of course," Summer laughs. "Heaven knows I'll need the help around here,"

Micah beams as he goes back to playing with Bowie. The two-year-old happily accepts his company as he crashes his own train into Micah's. Micah makes a dramatic scene of the crash, using sound effects and everything.

"So, how is Lady doing?" I ask Summer. Summer moves her eyes from Micah and Bowie to look at me.

"Oh, she's doing good. She'll be due next month,"

"Already?" I ask shocked. "I thought it takes three months though,"

Summer giggles. "Yes, already,"

"Lady was pretty much a month when we left for Florida," Micah says, never taking his eyes off his train. "Then we were there for a month, leaving one month to go,"

"Oh," I say as I rub the back of my neck. "Doesn't feel like it's been almost three months,"

"It has for me," Summer sighs. "The closer it gets to my due date the faster things go. I swear, I can't even remember what day it is anymore because they all blur together. It's a good thing Mat keeps up with the days so he knows when he has to go to school,"