Chapter 4

Above is what Human would look like. Isn't he adorable? God, I love dogs, they're my favorite animal. :) 

My eyes snap open as my stomach growls loudly. I slept on Micah's couch last night since the weather only got worse. We stayed up talking for a while after we cleaned up from dinner, but then he went to bed after getting me situated on the couch. All throughout the night I would smell his shirt that I am wearing, it seriously smells like Marshmallow Mateys and Oreos.

I sit up on the couch, the blanket falling to my hips. Again, I have a mini panic attack thinking I have nothing on, but then I see my shorts are still on. I let out a relieved breath of air and stand up. Sometimes I sleep in the nude, so I wouldn't be surprised if I stripped during the night without knowing it. 

I fold the blanket that I used and then set it neatly on top of the pillow before walking into the kitchen where I hear Micah and Human. Neither see me as I enter the kitchen, I smile as Micah fills a bowl full of wet dog food for the dog. Human's tongue lolls to the side of his mouth and jumps up and down for the food.

"Down, you silly thing," Micah warns him as he almost knocks the bowl out of his hand when he jumps up. "Fine, take it," He huffs out as he drops the bowl onto the paw print mat next to a fresh bowl of water. "Will you always act like a puppy or will you grow out of it?"

"How old is he?" I ask, I feel bad when Micah jumps and spins around to face me, holding his chest tightly.

"Shit, JJ, you scared me," He breathes out.

I bite my bottom lip. "Sorry, I didn't mean to," Honestly, I didn't mean to.

"Uhm," He looks down at Human who happily eats his food noisily. "He's one in a half,"

I nod my head, still a puppy then. "I really am sorry for scaring you, I didn't mean to," I apologize. "I'm surprised Human didn't look at me when I came in,"

Micah nods his head before snorting and looking back at the dog. "It's okay, I was in my own world, but for Human, he doesn't think or care about anything but food in the morning,"

I smile at the dog. "I feel ya', Human, breakfast is the most important meal of the day," Human doesn't even move his head from his food bowl, I know he is listening though.

Micah smiles at me before he moves to the fridge. "So, I was going shopping today, so I don't have much right now. I have some milk and cereal though,"

I perk up at his words. "I love milk and cereal,"

Micah raises a brow at me and I shrug. He chuckles and shakes his head before he opens a cupboard. That's when I notice he has no pantry, but the cupboard he opens has food inside it.

"I have Cheerios, Corn Flakes, and Marshmallow Mateys," Micah lists off as he looks inside the cupboard.

My eyes widen as my mouth starts to salivate. "You have Marshmallow Mateys?" I ask in a dreamy voice. Micah looks over his shoulder and laughs.

"You want some Marshmallow Mateys?"

I quickly nod my head. "Yes please," Micah laughs again as he pulls the bag down and then gets two bowls.

I help him by getting the milk out as he gets the spoons. Micah then pours the cereal into the bowls before putting the bag away. I pour the milk and then put it back just as Human whines at me and puts a paw on my thigh with pleading eyes. I raise a brow at the dog confused.

"What?" I ask confused.

Micah chuckles. "Do you have to go outside?" He asks the dog who spins in a circle and yips. "Okay, come on," He moves to the hallway before turning back to me. "I'll be right back,"