Chapter 34

**Be warned, the next 4 (including this one) chapters will be shorter than normal and choppy. I get in a bad place when I end a book so it gets choppy and crapy. Someday I will hopefully go back and edit to make it not so choppy, but for now, this is how it is.**

It's been a week since the reunion. They caught the person who planted the bomb last night because he was an idiot and had his fingerprints all over the bomb. They also checked his bank statement and found out he purchased the supplies to make the bomb.

It was a guy two grades ahead of Micah. He was on the set-up committee so it was easy for him to plant the bomb. The bomb was set to start counting down at eleven and go off at 11:10. Apparently, the guy set the bomb because just like Micah, he was bullied. It doesn't mean he had to murder everyone though, especially the people who weren't from the town and just there as a plus one.

The guy is going to be in prison for a long time and I still think he got let off easy. He put everyone in danger, especially Micah. He should be sentenced to something harsher than just prison.

"You two have a safe trip, all right?" Emily says as she hugs both Micah and me goodbye.

"We will, ma," Micah says as he hugs her back.

Micah agreed with me about wanting to get the hell out of the town as soon as possible. I talked to Emily and Sawyer who are going to use my lawyer to get a divorce from Bretton. Sawyer said that after almost losing her life she realized she didn't want to be chained in a loveless marriage with Bretton anymore. She wants to get out of Micanopy and start fresh, maybe even find real love. Micah even suggested that she comes to Minnesota and live close to us. I wouldn't mind having Sawyer so close, especially since I know it would make Micah extremely happy.

Emily thinks she will follow Sawyer and the kids if Sawyer leaves Micanopy. Emily grew up in Micanopy but she thinks it is also a time for change since she has never even left the state in all her forty-some years. I think she is really considering moving up to Minnesota too, and I have a feeling that Sawyer would follow. I am hoping that they both move to Minnesota so Micah can be closer to them.

"I love you, ma," Micah says as he gets into the truck.

"I love you, baby," Emily sniffles. "I love you, Jonah!" She calls through the open window.

I laugh and wave at her. "Love you too, ma,"

"I'll miss you both," Emily chokes out.

"Mama, we'll see them again," Sawyer coos as she wraps her arm around Emily. "Have a safe trip home you guys," She says. "Now go before ma starts up again,"

Micah nods at me so I put the truck into drive and then pull away from the curb. Emily and Sawyer wave at us until I turn the corner and can no longer see them anymore. Micah sighs as he slumps in his seat. I smile at him and grab his hand in mine.

"We'll see them again, baby," I promise.

He nods his head. "I know," He mutters as he tightens his grip on my hand. "I just feel weird about leaving them. Last time I left it didn't feel like this,"

I nod my head sadly. "I hate seeing you sad," I pout. "We'll just have to convince them officially to move closer,"

He smiles at that. "Yeah,"

"They might have to get used to the winters though,"

Micah laughs. "Neither of them have seen snow in their entire lives,"

I wince. "Ooh, that's gonna be a shock,"

"I haven't seen winter in Minnesota yet, but I've at least seen snow. I've also heard about how bad winter gets in Minnesota, so I'm not really looking forward to that,"