Chapter 7

I wake up early the next morning and rush to take a shower and get dressed in black basketball shorts and a tight white wife beater. Micah and I are going to test Human out close to the dog park today. I know Human is not ready to go into the park yet, but we can walk by it and get him accustomed to seeing other dogs nearby.

I rush to the kitchen and pour a bowl of Marshmallow Matey's and actually sit at the table for once as I eat, usually I eat in front of the T.V with morning cartoons. I have no time to be distracted while eating this morning though, so I quietly eat at the table with no distractions from the sweet yummy goodness in my blue bowl.

"Oh, you're up early today," Mom says as she comes down the short hallway from her bedroom.

I nod my head and swallow the chewed-up food in my mouth. "Yeah, Micah and I are taking Human to the dog park,"

Mom tilts her head to the side curiously. "Human?"

"Oh, his German Shepherd," I inform. "We're going to try to get him registered as his service dog, but Human has a long way to go still,"

Mom nods her head in understanding before she walks into the small kitchen, I can still see her perfectly from where I'm sitting. "Jonah, I love how happy this man is making you,"

I grin wide. "He is making me happy, ma,"

"I hated seeing you sulk around every time a mate was mentioned, and don't even deny it, sweetheart,"

I shrug my shoulders. I'm not denying anything, I knew I was sulking and avoiding the mate topic. But I have no fear now, Micah is here and I will be damned if I let him slip through my fingers now. I am legit in love with the man and I even had a dream about him last night. Now, my goal is to get Micah to return the feelings.

I shake my head of my thoughts and pick up my bowl before drinking the rest of the yummy milk. Then I stand up and rinse it in the sink before loading it into the dishwasher. I kiss mom on the forehead before I head back to my room and brush my teeth and slip some shoes on my socked feet.

"Have a good day, baby," Mom says as I grab my keys to my truck from a hook on the wall by the front door.

I smile over my shoulder at her. "You too, ma, bye," I say before walking out the door.

Thankfully no one tries to talk to me on my way through the house and to the garage.

My drive to Micah's house takes less than ten minutes with me actually driving the 65-mph speed limit. I wanted to speed, the goddess knows I wanted to speed, but it is only 8:20 in the morning and we agreed to meet up at 8:30. I hope he doesn't mind me showing up ten minutes early, I just couldn't wait to see him any longer. I also want to kiss him and I hope he lets me.

I park in front of the curb and spot Micah holding a bag, some kind of black blanket, and a camouflage leash with reflectors. I laugh as I notice he is trying to get Human to come closer to him so he can put the leash on the dog but Human refuses to get close. I also notice that Human not only has his blue collar with his tags still attached, but also a camouflage harness as well.

I jump out of my truck and raise a brow as Human darts to me and hides behind my legs the second I step onto the green grassy lawn. "Morning, Human," I laugh. "Whacha' doing?"

"He's being stubborn, that's what he's doing," Micah grumbles as he walks towards us. "He won't let me put the damn leash on him,"

"Human," I say with a pout as I move my left leg to see the dog better. "Why won't you let Micah put your leash on you?"