Chapter 16

Above is sort of how I was picturing later, only there is a clearing with lots more space.

**If I put 'roll' anywhere in this chapter will you let me know please? It is supposed to be 'role' and I didn't realize I was spelling it wrong until I was writing the next chapter. I went through this chapter but you know how it is correcting your own work, you miss things. So, if you see 'roll' please let me know. Thank you. :) **

It's been a long week of searching for the perfect gift for Micah. His birthday is today and it literally took me all week to find a gift. Well, actually, I bought him six gifts, not including the gift cards to various places.

Micah sleeps peacefully in my arms, my fingers playing in his hair. He turns thirty today. My baby turns thirty. A milestone! I want to make this birthday perfect, but I know it won't be. Perfect would mean his mom and sister would be here, but I don't have their contact information and I don't think he is ready to face them yet.

There isn't going to be some giant lavish party; mainly because I know he wouldn't know anyone, but also because I know he likes things kept simple. So instead, I have planned a sort of dinner picnic; to which my mother is doing the cooking for since I don't want to leave Micah at all today and I wanted the food to be fresh.

He's getting ice-cream cake from Dairy Queen because I didn't want to hassle mom with it. Micah told me once that his favorite is Oreo ice-cream cake from Dairy Queen and it was the first thing he ate once he got released from the hospital. So, naturally I ordered one and have it hiding in the freezer.

It took a lot of convincing, but I managed to get Abram to help set up the picnic, because again, I don't want to leave Micah for even a second. Trigg is still pretty upset about his brother's disappearance, but he volunteered to help me out; so, Abram followed, after telling me for days that he wouldn't help.

I managed to get all of his gifts wrapped one morning when he was in the shower, now they are hiding in my mom's room, which isn't actually her room anymore since she moved out the other day. Mom still lives in the Pack House though so I can visit her whenever I want, she was just adamant about letting me have the place to myself now that I have Micah. Mom also wants me to start a family with Micah as soon as possible, we'll have to wait on that though.

Micah groans in his sleep before he rolls over more onto me. I smile and rub his clothed back. He still won't let me see under his shirt, but I'm not pressuring him about it. My guess is that he has scar tissue he doesn't want me to see, which is perfectly okay, I just wish he would trust me enough to show me.

I watch Micah's eyes flutter open, he blinks a few times before they focus and he stares at my bookcase. I don't move as I wait for him to wake up a bit more. My wolf purrs inside my head, he likes having his mate in our arms like this. Micah also smells good; he smells like Marshmallow Matey's and Oreos mixed with my own earthy scent. I love having my scent mixed in with his, it makes my wolf and I purr.

Micah turns his head slightly to look up at me, I smile down at him happily. His face is slightly flushed from sleep, his eyes glassy, and his lips a bit chapped. I think he looks absolutely beautiful.

"Good morning, baby," I greet. "Happy birthday,"

He blinks a few times before my words register. "My birthday?"

I chuckle as I rub my knuckles on his cheek lovingly. "Yes, today is June 23rd,"

He blinks again before his eyes widen. "Holy shit, I'm thirty today,"

I smile and nod my head. "I feel so much younger than you," I pout. "I need to be older,"

He snorts as he shakes his head. "I feel too old now,"