Chapter 29

**If you would like to know why I've been MIA then read the Author's Blurb at the end. :)**

"It was delicious," I grin as I help Emily and Micah clean up after dinner.

We had plenty of sweets to choose for dessert from the nice ladies in town who brought them over earlier as their thanks for me saving that Bruce kid. Sawyer and her family also stayed for dinner but they left before the kids could see the desserts and get hyper before bed.

So now it's perfect again, just me, Micah, and Emily. I would love for Sawyer to be here more, but Bretton seems to follow her around like he doesn't trust her to be alone or something. And of course, the kids come if Sawyer is here too, and now I don't mind that she and Emily watch the kids themselves after hearing about Bretton's tendency to get violent. I wouldn't mind getting to know the kids either, it's just hard to hold a conversation when one of them is walking in or running off in the middle.

Micah smiles at me as he rubs my back. "It was delicious," He agrees.

"Oh, you boys are such sweet-talkers," Emily giggles as she puts the last of the leftovers in the refrigerator.

I shut the dishwasher after Micah puts the soap in the little compartment, then I set the dial and push start. Emily moves to kiss Micah on the cheek, then she kisses me on the cheek. I grin as I grab Micah's hand.

Emily then lets out a big yawn. "I'm off to bed, boys, today was quite the day,"

"Night, ma," Micah and I say at the same time.

Micah glares at me as I stick my tongue out at him, Emily only giggles before leaving the room.

I turn and pull Micah by the waist so he is closer to me, our hips pressed against each other. "I love her, she reminds me of my mom,"

Micah pouts. "I thought you loved me,"

I let out a snort before pecking his lips. "I do love you, but I love your mom in a totally different way,"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," I rub his nose with mine as he wraps his arms around my neck. 

"So, how do you love my mom then?"

"I love her in the motherly way. I love her like I love my own mother. I would do pretty much anything to make her happy and to keep her safe,"

"And how do you love me?"

"I love you like a mate. Like a lover. Like you're the most precious gem in the whole universe. Like I want to hold you and hug you and touch you and kiss you and make love to you twenty-four seven. Like I want to cherish you and do everything in my power to make you happy. And I will do everything in my power to keep you safe. And I love you like I want to spend the rest of my life with you. And I love you like I want to start a family with you and raise the perfect little pups. And I love you like I want to grow old with you as we watch our pups grow up and graduate high school and go off to college or something. And I love you like I want to die with you in my arms. And I love you like I want to share a coffin so we can be together even in death. I could go on, but I think you get the picture,"

Micah blinks before shaking his head. "Damn, that was perfect,"

I grin wide. "Was it?"

He shakes his head again as he pulls one arm from my neck and digs in his back pocket.

"That is what I needed to say," He grumbles.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Here," He pushes a tiny little red velvet box into my chest. My eyes widen as I realize it is a jewelry box. "I didn't know if I should give a long speech or anything, but I don't think I could come up with anything as perfect as what you just spewed out, especially not off the top of my head,"