Chapter 25

**Above is a horse drawn carriage so you have an idea of what one looks like. :)**

**This chapter has not been edited.**

**I do not believe my sister will let me borrow her laptop on Friday, so, this will be Friday's update.**

Micah, Human, and I all walk down the street. It's really odd to me that there are no sidewalks, but the town of Micanopy has not been remodeled since it was founded in 1800 something. We walk on the side of the road but it doesn't matter much anyway since no one is driving a vehicle.

"So, what's up with Bretton?" I ask as we walk hand in hand.

Micah scoffs. "He's an asshole," He grumbles. "You saw my life, you should know why I don't like him,"

I scratch my head as I think. "I know he bullied you, but I can't remember what else,"

"He first started dating my sister so he could come over more often and bully me. Then when everyone found out I was gay right before I turned sixteen, he started bullying me worse. He would tell me to kill myself, that the town didn't want faggots, that I was a waste of space, and every other insult in the book,"

My blood boils as I hear this. As he says it the dreams comes back to me. I forget a few things from my dreams at times, but can you blame me, I saw Micah's entire life up until he woke up in the hospital after his coma.

"Can I beat his ass?" I ask. If I get the chance I will beat his ass. No one tells my mate to kill himself and that he is a waste of space!

Micah snorts. "I would love to see that, honestly, but I want my mom and Sawyer to like you,"

I shake my head as I squeeze his hand. "Micah, if it comes up, I'm going to tell Bretton exactly how I feel about him," I say to give him fair warning.

He smiles at me and untangles our hands, only to wrap our arms together and then connect our hands again. "I don't mind you giving him a piece of your mind, but I still want my mom and Sawyer to like you,"

I shake my head again. "Micah, I won't be able to keep my mouth shut if he starts talking shit to you, seriously,"

He takes a deep breath through his nose. "I know, and I'm not going to stop you either," He says.

"Good," I smile triumphantly. "And I'm sorry in advance if it makes your mom and sister hate me,"

He shrugs his shoulders. "Honestly, if my mom and Sawyer hate you after you stand up for me, I don't think I want to call them my family. I don't think they know he used to bully me though, I don't think mom would allow him in the house if she did,"

"Micah? Micah Stokes?" We both turn our heads to see an older woman standing across the street.

Micah groans. "Please no,"

"Oh my god, Micah!" The woman shouts as she hobbles across the street with a limp. "When did you get into town?"

Micah tightens his hold on my hand and pulls me closer to him so I am pretty much flush against his side as he pulls our hands behind my back so our ribs can touch. I rather like being this close to him too. I can feel his irritation for this woman though so I know he pulled me closer so I don't leave him alone with her.

The woman's brown hair is graying, she has wrinkles on her face, but her brown eyes sparkle with happiness. She wears a dress that is an awful shade of orange with yellow lemons on it. Honestly, the dress looks hideous and I don't know why anyone would think that was okay.