Chapter 8

My left foot comes up to kick Abram in the hip, only Abram barely moves from the hit. The bastard. I fake a right kick but strike him in the side of the face with my fist and duck his next move. I jump back and bend backwards as Trigg tries to strike at me, only I smelt him coming up behind me. Trigg smells strongly of Abram when he sweats, and vice versa.

Abram's fist strikes me in the jaw so my head flings to the side, only to be kicked in the hip by Trigg. I jump out of the way from their next attacks only to hear a sharp bark and then claws digging into my back. I fall onto my face from the impact of the heavy animal on my back, their nails digging into my naked back.

Another sharp bark and then a lick at the back of my neck with a hot slobbery tongue. I sniff the air and widen my eyes at the familiar scent. But what is he doing here? Is Micah here too?

"Human?" I ask as I roll over onto my back, Human jumping away so he doesn't get rolled on. "What are you doing here?"

"Human?" Abram asks as he looks over me with an eyebrow raised. "Do you know this dog, Jonah?"

I jump to my feet and roll my shoulders as I nod my head. "Yeah, Human is his name, he's Micah's dog," Human glares at Abram as he moves to stand closer to me, pressing his large body against my leg. "The real question is, why is he here?" I look down at the dog who curls his top lip at Abram. "Stop that," I scold the dog.

"Human!" My ears perk up at the sound of Micah's voice. "Human! Where are you boy?"

I grin wide as I nudge Human. "Did you run off, Human?" The dog huffs at me and presses into my leg even harder. "That wasn't a good boy if you did, Human, what is Micah to do without you?"

"Human!" I hear Micah shout again. "Human! Seriously you silly thing!"

"Go find him, Human, go," I push him in the side with the leg he is leaning on but he doesn't budge. "Human," I laugh. "Go help your master,"

Human huffs and sits down on the grass, his body still pressed against my leg, that's when I notice he has his harness on but no leash. What was Micah trying to do, take him on a walk by himself? I mean, Micah is perfectly capable to walk his own dog, but I'm not sure how I feel about him taking Human out into public by himself just yet, not until Human is under better control and I know for sure that Micah can control him with his prosthetic leg. I mean, what if Human runs off and attacks someone and Micah can't move as quickly as he used to before he lost his leg?

"Human!" Micah shouts, his voice getting closer.

"I'll go help him since he met me already," Abram grumbles before turning on his heel and heading in the direction of Micah's voice hidden somewhere in the trees.

I look back down at the dog pressing against my leg. "What are doing out here, Human?" I haven't seen Human and Micah for at least a day, today making it two.

The dog huffs at me before turning his head to glare at Trigg who wipes his face with a towel. Human's upper lip curls at Trigg so I nock him in the side with my leg.

"No, Human, this is my Luna, you don't bare your teeth at him," I scold the dog. Human glances up at me before glaring back at Trigg. "Stop, Human, you don't need to glare at everyone you meet,"

"Human!" I look over my shoulder to find Micah glaring at his dog as he draws near. "You silly dog, don't you ever run off like that again," He gets down on one knee to scold the dog with a finger pointed at him. "You would be put down for sure if you went to the pound, do you want that, you stubborn dog? Do you want to be stuck in a kennel again and put to sleep? You wouldn't wake up from this sleep either," Micah grumbles at the dog as he falls onto his butt and massages his right thigh, his plastic prosthetic on full display as he is in khaki shorts with a lot of pockets.