Chapter 26

I wake to Micah completely wrapped around me, literally. His body is curled into mine so that every inch of him is touching me. I smile sleepily. My body is definitely relaxed right now, which would explain why I am feeling no pain right now.

The room is barely lit but I can still see everything with my wolf senses. This was Micah's old room, I remember it from my dreams. The blue walls, the desk in the corner, the bookcase. His things are still here too; Emily must not have wanted to touch anything once he left for the Marines.

The room doesn't smell like Micah anymore though since it has been twelve years since he was last here. Micah's scent is in the room though, and not from him obviously being wrapped around me, but from our luggage that is pushed up against a wall. How long did I sleep yesterday that I missed bringing in our luggage?

I bite my bottom lip as I test my body out. First, I take a deep breath. Good, no rib pain. Second, I shake my hips a bit. Nothing from my spine. I grin as I carefully unwrap Micah from myself, then I slip from the bed. I twist my body and poke at my ribs. Damn, Micah is a miracle worker. My rib is no longer broken, which honestly surprises me since usually bones don't heal for at least three to seven days. My spine isn't sore either, which is awesome on so many levels.

I lean down and kiss Micah on the forehead lovingly. "Baby, you are a miracle worker," I whisper to his sleeping form. "I love you so fucking much," I kiss his forehead one last time before I quietly move to our luggage.

Human doesn't even care for me as I unzip my suitcase as quietly as possible, cringing as the zipper sounds like an explosion going off in the silent room. I pull out a pair of jeans and a random shirt, then I grab the two Zip-Lock baggies that have my bathroom supplies in them.

I glance at Micah one last time before I unlock the bedroom door and slip out into the dark hallway. I know where the bathroom is from my dreams, so I go to it, which is across the hall and a little to the left of Micah's bedroom. There is a stack of fresh towels neatly folded on a shelf next to the shower.

I take a quick shower and then trim my facial hair as it was starting to get to long for my liking. Then I go back to Micah's bedroom to find him still fast asleep as I put my bathroom things back into my suitcase. I then go to the bed and pick up my pants and shirt from last night and fold them up nicely and put them back into my suitcase. No need to be a sloppy house guest.

I look my phone which Micah so kindly put on the charger sometime last night and placed on the nightstand next to his own now fully charged phone. My phone reads 7:02. I kiss Micah on the forehead once more before I leave the bedroom again and head down stairs.

Emily is in the kitchen sipping on a cup of tea as she pulls out ingredients. She is a very pretty woman, and especially good looking for her age. She currently wears a pair of jeans and a flower top.

"Morning, ma," I greet as I enter the kitchen through the swinging door.

Emily spins around with a big smile. "Good morning, Jonah," She sets her tea cup down and then hurries to me. She looks me over, makes a full circle around me, then faces me again. "Feeling any better?"

I nod my head with a grin. "Definitely much better,"

"You looked pretty hurt yesterday," Emily says with a frown. "Micah said you fell pretty hard,"

"I did, but I'm feeling a lot better this morning. I guess I just needed to rest," I did need to rest, but Micah pretty much did all the work.

"That's good, I'm glad you are feeling better,"

I smile and nod my head. "Thank you,"

"Now," She says as she moves away to the counter. "How about some breakfast?"