Chapter 32

"Everybody out, now!" I scream.

No one listens though as they crowd around. Once they realize what I am looking at they start to panic. Screams fill the room and people start to trample one another in their rush to escape the danger.

Micah drops to his knees and drags the pull out stand out of the cupboard. My heart pounding so hard I swear it will pound right out of my chest.

"Micah, get out of here," My voice filled with terror.

"I know how to disable it," He says just as terrified.

I gulp as I pull my phone out of my inside pocket and dial 9-1-1. The dispatch picks up on the second ring so I quickly start talking.

"Bomb. Inside the high school gym. Micanopy Florida." My voice is rushed as I watch in terror as Micah pulls out his Swiss army knife.

"Stay calm," Dispatch says. "A bomb squad is being flown out immediately. How many people are there?"

"I don't fucking know. Sixty maybe, maybe more," My body shakes as I watch Micah flip out the knife portion of the Swiss army knife and look over the small bomb that is counting down, now at 0:10. "There's only ten seconds left," I gulp. 

"Back up," Micah says in a sharp voice. I bite my lip hard, drawing blood, as I scoot back.

"You need to evacuate, get as far away as you can. When the explosion hits, you need to drop and cover your heads," Dispatch continues.

I shake my head. "I'm not leaving him,"

"Leaving who?"

"Micah. I'm not leaving Micah. He said he can disable it,"

"Do not touch the bomb. One wrong move can set it off ahead of time," Dispatch warns. How can this woman stay so calm when my entire world is about to end?

I shake my head again as I try to swallow, my mouth is dry as cotton though. "No, he was trained, in the Marines. He knows what to do," My voice shakes on the ending.

"The bomb squad is twenty minutes out, sir,"

I laugh humorlessly. "We'll all be blown up by then if he doesn't try,"

I drop my phone as Micah touches one of the wires. The phone screen shatters and goes black but I couldn't care less right now. My heart thuds painfully as my wolf whines inside my head. Sweat beads on my forehead as Micah picks up another wire.

"Amateurs," Micah mutters. This is when I realize it is deathly quiet in the room. 

I glance behind me to see most of everybody still in the room. Idiots. They all watch with bated breath as Micah fights to save everyone. Save the people who bullied him and yet he is willing to save them without a second thought. 

My heart stops as Micah puts the blade of his knife to the two wires he holds, one red and the other blue. He glances up at me as he slices the two wires in one jerk of the blade. I forget how to breathe as I stare at Micah.

A few seconds later he looks back at the bomb, my own eyes falling to it to find the time has frozen on 0:04. I stare at the bomb for a long time before Micah closes his Swiss army knife and slips it into his pants pocket again. That's when my heart and breathing kick back into gear.

"Micah!" I shout. He jumps at my voice and snaps his head up to me.

Then I tackle him in a hug. He falls onto his back with an 'oof' as I kiss all over his face.

"Have I ever told you that I fucking love you?" I shout as tears start to gush out of my eyes. "I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you!" I shout as I continue to kiss him all over his amazing face. My tears splash onto his face but he doesn't seem to care as he wraps his arms around my back and hugs me.