Chapter 12

*A/N: Micah is so cute. :) **

Micah stares at the ceiling awkwardly as I sit next to him staring at the same ceiling just as awkwardly. After everyone left my bedroom two days ago, Oliver locked himself in Rigg's bedroom and refuses to come out. Blaiz keeps pacing outside the bedroom door but his son won't come out.

The bedrooms are not sound proof, so you can hear the teenager crying his eyes out when you pass the door. Trigg is crying all the time too, but honestly, I feel more bad for the teenager. Trigg was the one who messed up, Oliver had nothing to do with his mate disappearing. Oliver is torn up about it, and no matter how many times we tell him this was meant to happen, he just cries even harder.

Trigg keeps apologizing to the kid but he won't hear it. I think the kid is starting to blame Trigg for his mate running off as well. Trigg tried to get Oliver out of Rigg's room but the teen refused. Abram was pissed at Trigg after he heard about what happened, but he was only pissed for a day before he forgave Trigg and decided to "understand" his reasoning and that he was upset.

Yeah, I understand we all say shit we don't mean when we're upset, but Trigg really screwed up. I know Trigg feels terrible, but so does Oliver, and I sympathize with the kid more. Trigg should have known better, he should have been the mature adult. He should have stopped coddling Rigg and treated him like the adult he is. He also should have reacted better when Rigg said he wanted to move closer to his mate.

I sigh and turn my head to Micah. I'm completely healed of the poison that crazy she-wolf gave me, but Micah still refuses to leave my side, which I'm not complaining about one bit. I also love the fact that he smells like me since he's been sleeping in my bed next to me, using my shower products, and wearing my clothes for the past two weeks.

Apparently, I was healing for two weeks of that poison. Abram got a new doctor for me pronto after I passed out after my wolf freaked out on the fake doctor and sent the she-wolf to be watched in a cellar. The new doctor called up Blaiz the minute he saw me. Blaiz sent out a warning to all the neighboring pack doctors about the crazy she-wolves poisoning high ranked wolves when he first found out about it two years ago, which is why the real doctor knew to contact Blaiz immediately.

"I'm sorry for all this crazy that's been going on," I mutter.

I watch Micah's Adam's Apple bob up and down before he moves his head to look at me. "It's okay, you couldn't prevent it,"

I lick my lips and frown. "But you shouldn't have had to witness any of it. Not me getting hurt, definitely not me getting poisoned by a supposed doctor, not watching me through my hallucinations, and definitely not that drama between Trigg and Rigg. That was crazy and I'm sorry you got caught in the middle of it,"

"Hey, after all that talk about the moon goddess having a plan, I figure I was meant to witness all that. I wouldn't have seen any of that if Human didn't run off. I wouldn't have seen you for two weeks and I probably would have freaked out thinking you left me for something stupid. So really, we should be thanking Human for running to you, because otherwise I would probably be acting like a broken-hearted teenager right now scarfing down every tub of Ben and Jerry's,"

I smile and shake my head. "Just for the record, I wouldn't leave you, I like you too much to leave you," Micah rolls his eyes but I'm pretty sure he knows I mean it.

"I also think I was meant to witness that between Trigg and Oliver, because it helps me see that even a teenager can break down if their mate leaves them, and Rigg didn't even reject him. So, I know I definitely will never reject you, because I don't want you to go through what Oliver is going through right now. I would hate to see what a rejected wolf goes through,"