Chapter 18

**First, if you look at the picture of Micah's tattoos I have changed some of the tattoos, I think the biggest you will notice is the date between his collarbones. The picture has 1990-10 which I have changed to 1992-22. Just in case anyone actually catches that and gets confused. **

**So, if you remember this chapter for later reference you will find that a later chapter makes sense with two conversations that happens in this chapter. Did that make sense? :)**

"Human," I warn as he growls at a passing person walking their own dog. Human glares ahead but sticks close to Micah's side.

Human has been really good on our walks lately. He never walks ahead of either Micah or myself, he is listening to Micah more, he can walk down the street without growling at someone, and he is even starting to sit on command; and it only took a month of taking him out every day.

At this rate, Human will be able to get certified as a service dog in no time. I'm really looking forward to getting him certified because I know how much Micah hates leaving him home alone. Once Human gets certified though, he will be able to go anywhere Micah wants to take him.

"Hey, Micah," I mutter as a thought comes to me.

Micah hums as he glances at me. Currently we walk down one of the busier streets with more people and traffic. We're hoping to get Human off the leash in two months to just see what he will do, but I'm thinking we can try him in one with how good he is doing.

"Human isn't fixed, is he?" I ask. Human minds his own business as he sniffs the air and watches his surroundings curiously.

Micah furrows his eyebrows. "No, I guess not," He bites his bottom lip before snorting. "He wasn't old enough when the Marines had him, and I doubt they were going to get someone brave enough to give him the anesthetic anyway,"

I nod my head in understanding. "Do you think you want to get him neutered?"

He shrugs his shoulders before sighing. "Yeah, it's best to get him neutered, there are already enough stray dogs around and in the pound; no need to make more when so many already need a home,"

"You sure? It was just a thought I had,"

He shakes his head and grabs for my hand, I smile as he pulls me closer. "No, it needs to be done," He looks up at me with a grin. "Besides, if I move in, I don't think Abram wants puppies running around when he already has to deal with werewolves,"

I chuckle at the thought. "Oh, but now I really think we should find a girl for Human to impregnate," My mind runs with thoughts of how irritated Abram would get having puppies running around the Pack House.

Micah laughs as he squeezes my hand. "You just want to piss off Abram,"

"I do, I really do," I agree enthusiastically.

He shakes his head and glances at me before looking back ahead. "Human would be the father anyway, so unless you adopt the mother, the puppies wouldn't be around anyway,"

"Dammit," I curse. "Fine, we'll just say Human needs a companion of his own breed or that you needed two service dogs,"

"And why would I need two service dogs?" He asks with a grin.

"Because Human could be for your leg, and the female could be for the PTSD we will pretend you have,"

"Oh, so you're gonna lie?"

"No," I laugh nervously. "Just stretch the truth a bit,"

"So, lie,"

"No, Micah, it's not lying,"