3.

((A/N:Watch this once you're done reading this chapter// its the broadcast system and I think it would give u a better perspective on what's happening and how it sounds. Btw ik I changed it to 30 days instead of 12 hours. It just works for the Zarry part.))

Zayn

Once we found out that the Purge thing was real, I was in shock and I was so worried.

Lucky and I made a quick trip to our local super market to grab as much food as we could to keep us in our home for 30 complete days.

We came over with a total of 17 bags of food. My family forced me to stay with them but I made up some excuse to make them let me stay with Liam and Lucky.

Their dumbasses actually believed it and let me. Real parents would still not let their child go somewhere without them especially during the Purge.

I shrugged off the broken feeling and stayed at Luckys. We were all obviously scared to death. Our plan was to stay here for 30 days and not get out. Which could cause anything and it is unhealthy to stay trapped somewhere for that long. At least Lucky lives on the highest floor so he has a balcony and we could spend a little bit of time their for fresh air.

We bolted hard wood down on the door and also bought bricks to set it up in front of it.

"Alright lads, we're done." Liam sighed and sat down on the couch.

"Now we just wait for the announcement tomorrow." Lucky said coldly. You could tell Lucky was bloody scared and nervous. He was like the youngest out of the group and he's just the nicest, sweetest most kindest person you could ever meet. He has a big heart and he knows he does and is not afraid to admit it.

"We must protect you at all costs." I laughed and pat his back to cheer him up.

"Its not funny Zayn! I'm actually really scared." He mumbled.

"Aww I'm sorry, I get ya but I know we won't get discovered. I mean who even would be like "oh Lucky and his friends live in this apartment and live exactly in this room?!" like seriously?" I explained.

"Yeah but the span of 30 days? They could find out." He sighed and rubbed his face

"Not if we keep quiet and hide most of the time." Liam joined in to try to make Lucky feel better.

"That's impossible, maybe I'll just be sleeping under my bed most of the time." Lucky joked as he got up and went straight to his room.

Liam and I shrugged and just tried to relax.

"Are you scared Zayn?" Liam asked out of no where.

"Yeah just a little." I answered. "You?"

"Yeah." He sighed. "Honestly, this sucks! The new president, our government is shit. Literally why do they think its fine to do this!?"

Liam cursed and shoved his face into a pillow.

"Chill man, I feel you." I sighed and laid my suit case down. "I'm gonna get ready for bed."

Liam just nodded and closed his eyes.

I went in Luckys bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my hair.

I stared at myself in the mirror thinking: wow I still look good in this terrible apocalypse.

My suit case was obviously full with clothes and briefs. Also shoes and some necessary weapons.

I changed into my grey sweat pants and took off my shirt. I then made my way to the living room seeing Liam sleeping like a puppy on one couch.

I laid down on the other one and grabbed a blanket that Lucky left me. I closed my eyes wishing that this was never happening. Wishing this was just a nightmare.

-

"Zayn wake up." I heard Luckys voice. He shook my arm softly making me wake up.

"Nhmgm what time is it?" I groaned.

"Eleven forty one." Lucky said quietly.

"What do you want?" I rubbed my eyes and sat up seeing it was still dark outside.

"Twitter said that the announcement and alarm is gonna happen exactly at 12:00 am." Lucky said shakily.

I quickly stood up and grabbed my phone. It was now 11:42 pm.

So close.

"Oh god." I groaned to myself. Liam was just sitting down with his hands covering his face.

"Okay, shut your phones off and leave one on just in case." I said. "I'll leave mines on since I have more contacts, I'll just leave it on airplane mode."

They both nodded without a word and turned off their phones.

"I hope we can make it t-through the 30 days." Lucky stuttered.

"We will." I said quickly.

"How do you know? How are you so sure?" He sniffled.

"Because, I know."

-

11:58 pm

"Oh god just two minutes left." Liam shook his head and laid on the couch.

Lucky just bit his nails nervously. I couldn't handle all the stress so I took out a cigar to calm me down. I lit it up and placed it on my lip.

"Its now 11:59 pm." Lucky gulped and sat closer to me. I've never seen the pussy side of Lucky, just the nice kind hearted side.

"A minute left." Liam answered and sat up. He buried his nails into the pillow nervously.

Fuck I'm also scared but I dont show it much. Not that I dont wanna seem like a scaredy cat but I just dont show my emotions well. Like when im happy, I can have a straight face on or when im angry, I could look calm and unbothered as fuck.

12:00 am.

The TV in the living suddenly flashed on. I flinched at the sudden light and female robotic voice coming out of it.

"This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the U.S Government. Weapons of class 4 and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other weapons are restricted. Government officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from the Purge and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the siren, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 30 continuous days. Medical services won't be there until May 30th at 7 am. Blessed by our New Founding Fathers and America, a nation reborn! May God be with you all."

We all gasped and flinched once we heard the scary siren burst out through the whole city.

*siren*

"Shit! Its happening!" Lucky whisper yelled. He then went under the blankets and hid like a three year old.

"Shh we're fine... For now." I said.

Liam covered his ears trying to block out the scary loud sound.

Turns out this isn't a nightmare. I'm actually living in one.

-

((A/N: have you heard the Purge siren? Its freaking scary! Go hear it for yourself up there⬆⬆😭 ))