23.

Harry

I had Zayns small body leaned up against mines as I ran my fingers through his soft hair.

Mumbling little words like 'everything's gonna be okay' into his ear. He cried for hours and hours until he fell asleep. This poor boy was broken.

And that made my heart break too. I suddenly felt this anger rise over me.

This was all Anwars fault. He always has to make Zayn and his loved ones suffer. I wondered where my crew was and I've decided to fight Anwar and his team.

I wanted to leave this place. I had too.

I woke up Zayn and rubbed his cheek. Tear stains were left onto his skin.

"Zayn baby wake up." I whispered and shook him a little.

He groaned and shut his eyes tightly.

"I don't wanna." He mumbled tiredly.

"We have to leave now. We can't stay here with Anwar." I explained quietly to Zayn. "I'm gonna fight back for what he did."

"I'm going to kill him." I growled angrily.

Zayn sat up and rubbed his cheek. "How are you gonna do that?"

"He has about a million more men than you, he'll kill us in an instant." Zayn sniffled.

I scoffed and crossed my arms.

"That's why we kill him first. He's the leader right? Once we kill the leader then the other men won't be able to take orders from anybody anymore." I said.

"By the way my men are stronger and more skilled than his." I added.

Zayn sighed and looked down. "It's worth a try."

I kissed his cheek and pulled him up.

"Let's pack a bag real quick-" Before I could finish my sentence, someone barged into our room.

"Rise and shine kids." Anwar said cheerfully as if he hadn't killed anyone special yesterday.

I glared at Anwar angirly, wanting to punch that grin off.

"Here's your breakfast, eat up." He said sternly as he threw a two plates of scrambled eggs and toast on the table.

Zayn and I looked at each other before grabbing the plates and begin to eat.

Anwar just watched every single move we did.

"Do you mind leaving us alone while we eat?" I raised an eyebrow and looked at Anwar.

Anwar chuckled and rubbed his forehead in embarrassment.

"Of course, of course." He left the room without locking the door which was suspicious.

Once Zayn and I finished eating, I got up to check if Anwar was fully gone.

I stood by the door and leaned my ear against the door. I heard light mumbles outside.

"This is our chance to pack our backpacks." I whispered at Zayn who just nodded.

I knew he wasn't fine.

He got up tiredly and blinked lazily. He grabbed a few energy bars and water before shoving them in his backpack.

I did the same and put in a map just in case.

I took out my phone and it was dead. "Fuck." I whispered and looked around the room to see if there was a charger anywhere.

There was a laptop that was closed and a charger was sticking out of it. I let out a sigh of relief before grabbing the whole laptop and shoving it in my backpack.

"Ready to run?" I asked Zayn and gave him a reassuring grin. He smiled back but it wasn't real. You could tell he was smiling through the pain.

I sighed before bringing him into my arms and kissing his scruffy hair.

"Hey hey hey." I whispered at Zayn. I heard him sniffle and I knew he was crying on my shoulder. I rubbed his back comfortably.

"Baby don't cry. Everything's gonna be fine, please believe me. I don't wanna bring this up again but maybe what happened yesterday was meant to happen. Lucky has a good healthy soul, he doesn't deserve to be here Zee, he's too kind and big hearted for this world." I softly whispered. "He's obviously resting at a better place, it just makes me feel guilty that he basically gave his life away for you and I. He wanted us to be together. We should be happy that he did that for us. We'll never forget about him Zayn, he's too precious to be forgotten."

Zayn nodded before wiping his eyes. "You're right."

"I just-" He suddenly began crying again and I shushed him so he could calm down.

"Take deep breaths princess" I massaged his shoulders.

He took deep breaths before speaking up again.

"I just can't imagine life without him, you know?" He wiped his eyes with both hands.

"I know, but I'm sure he'll come check on us. He won't be gone forever." I wiped his tears with the sleeve of my jacket.

He sighed and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Now, let's just get out of here and find the rest of my crew eh?" I grab his chin to make him look at me.

He nodded eagerly this time and grabbed his backpack.

"This is gonna be hard." I said, looking around the room for an exit.

-

Ashton

I sighed as I looked at the lunch they served us. It was plain veggie soup. I swirled the spoon around the bowl thinking about how this would end.

I just can't take it anymore. I watched one of my best friends die right in front of my eyes. I'm being held hostage by a heartless skank who killed my best friend.

How many more days does this end? I'm so tired and wreck less. The way Lucky died will never leave my head. Even if the purge was over, it's still gonna traumatize me for the rest of my life.

I'm just tired and torn apart. I felt a tear fall down my cheek and into my soup.

I dont wanna be alive anymore.

Where's everyone anyways? Where's Liam.. Zayn? Harry? No one even bothers to come help. It hurts so bad.

I know I sound selfish but let me tell you why I've been like this for so long.

I came from an achoholic family. They weren't abusing me or anything but I distinctly remember this one time where my mum flipped out and almost choked me to death. That was only once.

My mum homeschooled me, except she didn't really. All she did was sleep on the couch all day and drink while my dad was out there fucking bitches.

All I did when I was "homeschooled" was skate, all day until some people called my mum and said if I wasn't enrolled in a school then they'll take me away... And my mum let them take me away.

Then I thought if I got high all day, the pain would go away. So I smoked for the rest of my teen years. I knew smoking was bad but yet nobody.. Nobody told me to quit. Its like everyone wanted me to smoke until my lungs burned out and die.

All this other shit I'm talking about, they think they understand. I've been praying for somebody to save me, but no one's heroic. I never had a place to call my own, I never had a home. They say every life is precious but nobody cared about mine.

I'm sick and tired of this bullshit.

I got up from the lunch table harshly that the chair flew back. I just kept walking towards the place where I know I shouldn't be, but that's the point.

I wiped a tear away with my sleeve and took a deep breath before stepping in.

This is the last of it.

This is the last of me.