Chapter 5

Jin Sung sat in his room, staring at an agency card.

...

Determined, Jin Sung smirked, "How much are willing to pay me?"

The man smirked back, "Sadly, I can't give you the price." Jin Sung was about to walk away right there, "However, you can bargain with the CEO..."

Looking at the man, his smirk grew, "Where do I start?"

The scout rummaged through his pocket before revealing a card.

Handing it to him, he replied, "Practice."

The teenager's eyebrows rose, "What?"

Smiling, the man continued, not answering his question, "I'll see you at the audition."

...

Staring at the card, he thought of the possibilities of becoming an idol.

...

A man in a suit lead him to a limousine, "This way, Sir. Your limousine awaits you."

Mi Jin had love hearts in her eyes, admiring Jin Sung's awesome form.

He struck a pose, smiling sparklingly. "Yo, Mi Jin."

Awestruck, she replies, "Oh, Jin Sung! You're so polite, cool, and kind! You're exactly my ideal type!"

...

Jin Sung smiles at his imagination – which was not overexaggerated – before standing up and getting ready to practice.

Looking up the requirements, Jin Sung already knew what he had to practice.

So, with that in mind, he looked up some karaoke songs. Choosing one of his favorite songs, he listened to the intro. Getting ready, he let out his vocal cords.

Singing, he knew he was doing great, but his throat and gut feeling didn't seem to agree all that much.

Wondering why he was feeling like that, he rubbed his chin.

Humming, he whispered, "I'm awesome, but there's something wrong."

Continuing to hum, he eventually considered the idea of rapping.

Knowing he would be good either way, he searched up some rapping songs.

Playing a song, he waited until it was time to rap. Once his cue showed up, he opened his mouth, and began.

Hearing himself, his eyes widened.

He noticed how much nicer it felt compared to singing.

Enjoying the last few moments of the song, he finished, getting his breath even again. Finishing that, he stared at his screen.

Blinking and surprised, he wondered what happened.

When he was singing, he struggled to hit the notes – not like he knew – but with rapping, he felt free. He couldn't describe the feeling.

Despite not understanding a whole lot, he knew one thing.

He should stick with rapping.

...

His breath uneven, chest heaving up and down, and throat dry, he continued to dance.

Jang Hyeon never practiced so hard in his life. He always gives his all when practicing, but this time was different; special. Knowing why he was practicing this hard, made it even harder to go easy on himself.