Chapter 7

Panting, big Hyung Seok had his hands on his legs.

Ever since their first day of practice, Duk Hwa showed no mercy.

Whenever he would complain a little, Duk Hwa would reply with, "Once you become a trainee, it'll be worse."

Which made Hyung Seok not want to audition anymore, but it was too late as Duk Hwa already submitted his application. Meaning, he will still have to audition, whether he liked it or not.

Sure, he could just not show up, but he couldn't bring himself to do that when Duk Hwa helped him practice so much for this audition.

So, unwillingly, he continued to practice. The only thing giving him hope is when they reject him – which most likely won't happen.

Practicing his last few dance moves, he ends with a finishing pose.

Duk Hwa smiles, proud that Hyung Seok went from great to amazing over the last month and a half.

Finishing a few things, they said their goodbyes.

...

Jin Sung stared at his screen, watching a video of himself dancing. Satisfied with the obvious improvement, he went on to see how his rapping turned out.

Searching for the right recording, his hand shaking a little, he played it.

Hearing the first few lines of him rapping, he smirked.

...

Jang Hyeon sat on the ground of his room. Knowing that the audition is in a few days, he stared at the paper.

He knew that he'll do fine, but there was something in the back of his head that was telling him that he'll find some troublesome competition.

Listening to that side of his head, he couldn't help, but think:

Interesting...

...

Jae Yeol sat in the bathtub, having just finished his daily training for the audition.

Staring at the TV, he saw the announcement of the audition being told.

Watching for the heck of it, he let it play in the background as he thought through his plan.

Going over it until he was completely pleased with it, he went back to watching the TV.

Thinking various things, he couldn't help, but wonder how his family would react if he got accepted.

...

After Hyung Seok left Duk Hwa's house, his next students came in.

They told Duk Hwa that they didn't need help dancing as they'll figure that out themselves. So, he accepted it and only helped them with their rapping skills. For some reason, they didn't want to sing. Duk Hwa didn't mind as he didn't care whether they sang or rapped, as long as they were doing one or the other, it didn't matter.

Listening to them rap, he couldn't help, but feel proud of having two other students who have greatly approved since they first started.

Vasco had stopped fumbling with his words, and had gotten a better flow for his raps. Finding the type of rapping, he ended up sticking with the emotional type of rapping that greatly involved ones' background. Duk Hwa wondered what happened to him in the past, but decided that it was Vasco's business, not his.

When Bum Jae first rapped, he didn't have much emotion, making it hard for his teacher to give him advice. If he didn't want to learn, that was up to him, but that didn't help Duk Hwa.