CHAPTER XI

A week later...
(11)

[Echo Cruz]

"Baby stop." I giggled as Isaac tickled me, he chuckled and kissed my cheek.  I got up and put on my shoes. Today, Im meeting up with Ryder to talk and hang out. To be honest, Ive missed my best guy friend.  But thanks to Isaac and his family, I feel like I finally belong. However, Bree hasn't stopped being a bitch to me.

"I got to go. Ryder is waiting for me." I stated as he hugged me from behind. "Well let me come with you." Isaac said protectively, I laughed. "I'll be fine, Isaac. He's my best friend." I informed, he sighed. "I want to meet him." I playfully rolled my eyes, he smiled and kissed me. "Alright lets go." He said as we walked outside.

We got into his car and left to Ryders house. I smiled brightly as his house comes into my view. Isaac parked his car in the driveway before we got out. Ryder came outside and waved at me. I smiled before we hugged, Isaac wrapped his arms around my waist as we followed Ryder inside.

"So your Isaac?" Ryder asked as we all sat down, Isaac had a straight face but nodded. Ryder looked at me, I smiled slightly. "Hm, you treating her right?" He asked protectively, looking Isaac right in the eyes. Issac gave him a look. "She still with me, ain't she?" he answered rudely, I looked at him oddly. "Well she teads to stay with people she loves...even though they hurt her." Ryder snapped back equally as rude, I looked at them. Umm did I miss something? Me being me, I just watched.

"Are you trying to say that I abuse her?!" Isaac yelled getting up, Ryder got up too. "No. Im trying to say if you ever lay a hand on her, you'll be sorry!" Ryder yelled, they walked up to each other. They stared at each other. I got up and got in between them. "Y'all stop!" I yelled pushing them back, they looked at me. "Chill out. Ryder, Isaac wouldn't ever hurt me neither would you. Isaac, Ryder is my best friend...he's just being protective over me." I explained, they looked at each other before sitting back down. I sat next to Isaac.

"How's work been?" I asked Ryder, he sighed. "Boring, I missed when my babycakes used to work there." I laughed and smiled at him, Isaac put his arm around me. "How things been with you?" He asked, I laughed. "Good. " He smiled and nodded before getting a text. After he read it, he quickly got up. "Ec, I wish I could talk to you some more but Im needed at work." I gave him an odd look, Isaac looked at him with a strange look.

"Aren't you off today?" I asked, he nodded and grabbed his keys. "Yeah but im needed somewhere else." I nodded, Isaac gave him a look before speaking in french. I couldn't understand.

"Vous travaillez pour ces bâtards. La famille Hendricks? (You work for those bastards. The Hendricks family?)" Ryder gave him a serious look.  "Non, je déteste cette fucking famille! Je travaille pour Sean. (No I hate that fucking family! I work for Sean.)" He said, Isaac gave him a confused look. "Vous travaillez pour le frère de mon père ... Pourquoi? (you work for my father's brother...Why?)" He asked, I gave them a look. "Ils ont tué ma mère pendant longtemps, un frère perdu. Sean a déclaré ensemble que nous allons la venger. (They killed my mom while my long lost brother watched. Sean said together we will avenge her.)" Ryder said with sadness and anger in his eyes, I felt Isaac tense up while looking at Ryder.

"Isaac...are you okay?" I asked him worried, Ryder eyes widen as he looked at Isaac. "What's your last name?" Isaac asked Ryder, I sat there utterly confused. "I-I don't know. I was in a foster home and they named me. But I do remember my real mom." Ryder explained, Isaac sat up more. "What was her name?"  Ryder looked down. "Rose Williams." He answered with sadness, Isaac stood up quickly. We looked at him. "Isaa-"  "What happened to her?" He asked serious, Ryder looked at him.  "She was tortured before she got shot in the hea-" He paused and looked at Isaac.  "You-u. Your my-y brother." He stated before standing up, Isaac shook his head. "No. Im not." He defended. Ryder took out an old picture from his pocket. "I...I always carry this with me. Its a picture of my mom...and brother. Ive had it ever since I was a kid." He said handing it to Isaac.

I looked at it to see the little boy in tbe picture looks just like Isaac. I looked at Ryder then Isaac to see they kind of look alike...My eyes widen in shock. "Y'all are brothers!" They looked at me. "No...my mom would never give her own child away." Issac said in disbelief,Ryder gave him a look. "My mom hid me because she wanted me to have a normal life..." Isaac shook his head. "My mom never mention you!" He yelled, I jumped but Ryder walked up to him. "I was kept a secret!  My...our dad knew!" Ryder yelled making me jump also. Soon, they started pushing each other. "Hey stop it!" I pulled Isaac back away from Ryder.

I looked at them to see they were...crying. I gasped in shock. I didn't know what to do. "Why didn't she tell me.." Isaac mumbled to himself, I hugged him then Ryder. They looked at each other.  "I believe you..." Isaac said, Ryder nodded. "You will always be welcome to my home. You are my brother and for that you will not avenge our mother's death alone." Isaac stated, Ryder nodded. "Thank you, brother...But I have to go." Isaac nodded before we all left.

****

The ride home was slient. I was happy for Isaac and sad for him...He just found out his parents been keeping a big secret from him. I held his hand and kissed his cheek. For all that he's done for me. I will help him. "Don't think you have to figure this out alone...Im here for you. always." I say, he nodded and kisses me.

A/N: Tell me your thoughts on this.