CHAPTER XXXI

(31)

[Holly Williams]

As Lia played with Sia, Kai sat in the chair in deep thought. He looked stressed out and frustrated. He noticed me watching so I gave him a hint and mouth out 'lets talk', he nodded and we got up and went outside the door. Once we got out, he sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked worried, I knew Kai for years. He's like another big brother to me. He looked at me with worry.

"Echo...I...W-" My eyes widen, he sighed loudly.

"Do you and Echo had se-" He shook his head.

"No...we just almost kissed." I gasped.

"When?"

"A couple days after she came back, I was secretly training her to fight and one day...we both were an emotional wreck and feelings were made." I paced around and shook my head. No, I'm shocked Isaac haven't killed him yet.

"Does Isaac know?" He nodded.

"Was he..."

"Crushed. Broken. Pissed off. Yes he was." Kai said cutting me off, I slapped him.

"Kai, what the hell? You know he loves Echo and he never experience love before." I stated, Kai nodded.

"I know! I was trying to stop these feelings by pushing Echo away."

"Did it work..."

"Kinda." I sighed.

"Kai, do you love her?" I asked serious, he shrugged.

"I love Lia. It's just Echo and I shared a moment." I hit him upside the head.

"You and Echo is not fucking happening. Y'all feelings are temporary. You love Lia. She loves Isaac. You are engaged with a baby and she is also engaged with your best friend. Leave them alone. I will tell her the same. This end to fucking day. Now where is my brother?!" I said, Kai nodded and pointed to a hall. I nodded and left to see Echo crying, I went to her. I hugged her and told her what I told Kai. She understood.

"Where's my brother?" She wiped her face and told me he just left. I know where he's at.

--*--

I opened up the door to see Isaac crying while holding a picture of our mom. It broke my heart seeing him like this. I walked in and closed the door behind me. As I walked up to him, he wiped his face.

"Isaac..." He looked at me as tears came down his face, he got up and walked up to me.

"Brother, I-" He hugged me tightly and cried, I hugged him back. I held him close as he cried.

"She lied to me. She has feelings for Kai." He sobbed, I held his face and made him look at me.

"They were both vulnerable and made a mistake. They didn't mean to catch feelings for each other. But you know what?" He looked at me as his eyes soften.

"She's at the hospital crying about you and for you. Not Kai. And he's worried about you and he's spending time with his little family. Echo loves you deeply and she never meant to hurt you. Kai loves you like a brother so he stayed away from her." I explained as he hugged me. He nodded and I wiped his face.

"She is yours. She is your fiancee and she loves you so much. Talk to her. Communcation is key." He nodded and I hugged him tightly.

"Where is she?" He asked worried, I wanted to awe but I held it in.

"She's on her way here. I got Alaric to bring her." And with that we heard the front door open and close,I looked at him.

"Just talk to her." I say, he nodded before I left out. As I walked downstairs, Echo walked up them. I gave her a reassuring nod before going to Alaric.

[Echo Cruz]

I slowly walked inside Isaac's room. I closed the door behind me, once I was in the room all the way. I looked down as I saw Isaac sitting on his bed with his head in his hands. He looked up and we made eye contact. I walked over to him and sat next to him. He rest his hand on mine which calm me down a bit.

"Can we talk?" I nodded and turned facing him, he turned facing me and held my hands.

"Echo, you know I love and care about you deeply. If you needed me and I wasn't around, why didn't you just call me or look for me?" He asked softly, I sighed quietly.

"I didn't want to bother you and I just wasn't thinking straight." I explained, he nodded.

"I'm sorry that I made you feel as if you couldnt talk to me." He apologized, I shook my head.

"Isaac, I am sorry. I should've told you about how I wanted to learn how to hurt others. But I didn't want you worrying. So I just got Kai to do it, he refused at first but Lia got hin to help me. Things were going good.. Into we got vulnerable and caught feelings." Isaac looked down, I grabbed his face and made him look at me.

"I don't love him like I love you. He is our family and that's it. You...You're my everything." Isaac let out a relief breath and looked at me.

"I will not lie to again. I'm sorry." I say, he nodded and hugged me. I relaxed in his embrace, I laid my head on his shoulder and hugged him back.

"God, I've been wanting to do this for hours." I say, he chuckled and held me. Once we let go, we smiled. I'm glad we got that solved.

--*--

"Sia is so cute!" I say as I laid next to Isaac, he chuckled. We've been cuddling since our talk. He rubbed my butt as I continued to talk about Sia.

"We should have one of our own." I paused and looked at him, he smiled.

"Isaac..." He pulled me on top of him.

"Making our little family would be amazing, right?" He said before grinding against me, I bit my lip. I tried to act like he wasn't effecting me.

"It would but not now, baby." He whined, I giggled. I felt his member harden, I gave him a look. He laughed.

"Okay...not now. But when we do, you won't be able to walk for a couple of days." I licked my bottom lip and playfully rolled my eyes.