CHAPTER XX

(20)

[Lia]

Its been a week and the house has been so quiet. I barely see Holly and Alaric. Kai has been very depress. When he thinks im asleep, he cries. I sighed as I folded my clothes. Im trying to keep myself together for him and our baby. He doesnt know that im pregnant. I havent told him because he's already stressed and worrying about Isaac. Ive been keeping a secret from everyone because I know Echo lost her baby and Alaric lost his child.

I didnt want them to be more depressed . I felt a strong urge to throw up. I ran to the bathroom and threw up. As I got up, I saw Kai in the reflection of the mirror. "When were you going to tell me?"

[Isaac Williams]

I waited and waited for her to show any movement. She's been a coma for a week now. I come to her each morning and leave each late night. I felt alittle bad that I have separated myself from my family but Echo is apart of me. "Please,babygirl." I say helding her hand, I looked at her brused face.

I could never forgive myself after letting this happen to her. She deserves so much more than all this. She deserves better than me. I wont let her regret loving me. I will try every thing to make her happy again. Every thing.

Soon, I felt a tug on my hand. I quickly look at Echo as her eyes blinked. "Beauté au chocolat." I whispered as her eyes opened. She looked at me and started crying. I saw so much pain in her eyes, it broke me. She wiped her face before rubbing her stomach. "My baby...wheres m-my baby?" She asked confused, I held her hand. "Im so sorry bu-" She instantly started sobbing. "My baby." She cried harder. I tried to hug her but she pushed me away. "Your a monster! Just like him!" Her words pained me.

I looked away from her. I know shes going through alot so I tried to keep myself together.Soon I heard something drop. I looked at her to see she was trying to wrap a cord around her neck. I quickly ran to her and snatched it away. "Echo,baby im here for you." She looked at me with no emotion. "Why? You wasnt there when he touched me." Tears formed in my eyes as I felt guilty. "When his friends raped and hit me over and over." I shook my head. "I-I Im here now. Echo, let me be here for you." She laughed at me. "Pathetic. You know? I was that pathetic once."I looked at her in disbelieve. I got close to her and looked her in the eyes. To see...she's way more that broken. She trapped.

"Baby..." She rolled her eyes before tears came down her face. "I dont care about what you have to say." She said with tears down her face. I noticed shes having a mental melt down. Her eyes closed and her heart rate went up rapidly. I yelled for the doctor. Soon doctors and nurses filled the room. They circled around her before getting someone to take me out.

"No i have to make sure shes okay!" I yelled trying to fight him, in a instant he point a needle in my neck. I looked at Echo before everything went dark.

[Lia]

"Kai...I." I stuttered, he shook his head and left out the bathroom. I chased after her and grabbed his hand. He looked at me with hurt in his eyes. "Im sorry...I just didnt want more stress on you." I explained, he sighed. "You didnt want more stress on me?...Lia im not stressed." He stated, I gave him a look. "You are way pass that, Kai. You dont think that I can hear you cry your self to sleep...You dont know when I look at you, you look like youre in pain." He looked down. "Kai, you cant lie to me. I know how take a shower so no one can hear you cry and beat yourself up about the whole Echo station." I say as my vision got blurry, he shook his head before trying to leave but I yanked him back.

"Kai your not alone." He yanked away. "No, Lia. I am! I am alone! I was suppose to help bring back Echo." I nodded and held his hands. "And you did. You brought her back." "No I didnt! I mean if you just saw her...its like shes not even her anymore." "I understand that, Kai. I d-" He cut me off. "No. No you dont." "Ka-" "DAMN IT LIA! Just leave me alone!" I flinched at his words. "I know I havent been there for you that much. But damn  Lia, you havent been here for me either. You been in this damn room! And to make it all worse. You kept this from me." He yelled looked at my stomach, he rubbed it as tears came down his face.

"My friend and my brother has lost there future family. I dont want to lose mine...But from the looks of it, I already have." I looked up at him. "Kai...what are you saying?" he gave me a look before leaving. I speed walk after him. "Ka-!" "I cant do this with you right now!" He yelled before leaving, slamming the door behind him. I covered my mouth in disbelieve before crying.

A/N: How you feeling about all this?