CHAPTER XXIV

(24)

[Holly Williams]

"Baby, I'll be back soon. Isaac needs me." I smiled lightly and nodded, he kissed my head before leaving. He's healing and I am too. It's time, I talk to my friends more. I put my book down and got out of my bed. I put on my flats before leaving to Lia's room.

I walked in Lia wasn't in there neither was Echo. "They should be in the kitchen." I say to myself before heading my way there. As I walked into the kitchen, I saw Lia and Echo talking. I walked in and they looked at me. I smiled at them before they hugged me. "Hey, girl!" Lia say with a smile, Echo smiled at us. "Nothing just coming to se-" I was cut off by Isaac, Kai amd Alaric walking in.

As Alaric hugged me from behind, I looked at Echo to see she was basically staring at Kai while he hugged Lia and he looked back at her. Echo smiled brightly when Isaac kissed her, she kissed him back. But, Kai and Echo kept giving each other  a weird look. I looked at her as she looked at me, she shrugged.

Now im definitely wondering, what happened while I was gone. After the guys left, we went back to talking. Soon, slience fell on us. Lia got in front of us, we looked at her.

"I was thinking about this all day. And I feel like I shouldn't keep this beautiful thing a secret anymore." She said rubbing her belly, my eyes widen and so did Echo's. "You're pregnant!" I yelled before hugging her, she smiled as Echo joined. "Im happy for you." Echo said with a smile but something was off, Lia didn't noticed. "I love you guys!" She said as she hugged us again, we hugged her back.

"I gotta go the bathroom." Echo said, Lia nodded. Echo quickly walked out. I looked at Lia confused, she shrugged. "What happened while I was gone?" I asked, she looked down. "Tell me." Lia went into detail about how Echo came back but she lost her unborn baby because of the Hedricks and what they did to her. At the end, I felt guilty. I should've talked to her. "I should talk to her." Lia stated, I shook my head. "No i will." She nodded and I slowly walked to Echos room.

[Echo Cruz]

Lia is having a baby. I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror. I am happy for her, really happy. I just feel alittle guilty. Kai and I almost kissed. What was I thinking?! I sighed out loudly. What ever I think i feel for him is nothing. I love Isaac.

A knock on my door, snapped me out of my thoughts. "Yes?" I say, Holly appeared and closed the door behind her. "Are you okay, Echo?" She asked worried, I nodded. "I'm fine." I tried to smile, she frowned at me before folding her arms. "Is there somethibg going on between you and Kai?" She asked, I shook my head. "No! He's like a brother to me." I answered a little too fast, she hummed.

"Ech-" I cut her off. "No, Holly. There's nothing between me and Kai. I love Isaac...I wouldn't hurt him like that..." I whispered the last part, she sighed. "But Isaac haven't really had his attentions on lately." I looked down because it was true. I rarely spend time with Isaac, he keeps being busy. Thats how Kai and I get to train.

"Look, Echo. Isaac he's a busy man. But...don't think he doesn't love you." I nodded, as she continued. "But also dont think I can't see you and Kai forming a bond." I gave her a confused look. "Its just a friendship bond. I could never hurt Lia." I stated, she nodded. "Okay. Good. Because I want everyone happy including you." I smiled slightly. "I don't want to see any one of y'all getting hurt because of this." I nodded as we hugged.

Soon, we walked out and went to the living room to see the guys are back. Kai and Lia were practically making out on the couch, Alaric and Holly hugged. I looked aeound for Isaac but I couldn't find him. "Where's Isaac?" I asked them, they sighed. "He's still at work, he said he'll be here soon." I frowned but nodded. I miss him.

I decided to take the frustration out, so I sneaked to the secret training room. I put on some gloves before walking up to the punching bag. I punched it twice. "He's always busy!" I mumbled as I punched the bag. "Never home with me." I hit it again. "Now im fucking feeling something for Kai." I snapped and kicked the nag hard. "No. No. Nope." I repeated as I punched it. "I have no real feelings for him. He just helps me train. Plus he's having a baby with my best friend." I said, Kicking the bag so hard that it fell off the hook.

I got on the punching bag and started hitting it repeatedly. "You have no feelings for him." I repeat to myself as I beat the punching bag. "Hey baby." I turned around to see Isaac, I took off my gloves. As he walked up to me, looking sexy in his business suit. I walked up to him and kissed him.

He was shocked at first but soon recovered, he kissed me back. We back up against a wall as we made out. "I've missed you." I say between our kisses, he rubbed my sides. "I love you." I smiled as we kissed. "I love you too." As we continued to make out, I felt like someone came into the room. I opened my eyes to see Kai walking out.

"You alright?" Isaac asked, I kissed him and nodded. "Yeah im okay." I say as we hugged but I couldn't stop myself from looking at the door.