CHAPTER XXI

(21)

[Lia]

I woke up with a horrible headache, I felt an arm wrapped around my waist protectively. I rolled over and looked at Kai's face. A small smile appeared on my lips as I caressed his cheek. "I love you." I whispered quietly, I kissed his forehead. As I was about to get up, he pulled me back down facing him. "I love you too, babygirl...and im sorry for yelling at you yesterday." I nodded with a smile. "You were only trying to help, I should've understand that. Starting now, I will focus on you and our baby." I smiled brightly as he kissed my cheek.

As we got up, Holly brusted into our room. "Echo coming home today!" We smiled. We know that things won't be the same and things will be complicated. But we're a family, we'll get through it together. Im not gonna be mentioning my baby just yet. I sighed. Every time I think about mentioning it to Echo, I feel nothing but sadness. "You okay?" Kai asked worried, I gave him a funny look. "I will once you brush them teeth of yours." I say with a laugh, he playfully rolled his eyes and got up. He walked to our bathroom. "Hey, you need to brush yours too!" He called out as he was in the bathroom. I rolled my eyes before getting up.

[

Isaac Williams]

I made my way to Echo's hospital room, I bought her favorite book 'Me before you' and her favorite candy 'chocolate' along with some clothes. It's been a full month that my beauté au chocolat has been in the hospital. She gotten a little better. She have nightmares but she don't have mental break downs that much. It pains me every time that I try to have a long conversation with her, she shuts me down. But like I said Im not giving up on my love.

As I walked into the room, Echo was looking out the window. I walked in and closed the door behind me. "Hey beauté au chocolat?" I say as I got close to her, she looked at me with an unknown look. "H-hey." She stuttered before looking at me. "How you feeling?" I asked as smoothly as I could, she gave me a small smile. I smiled brightly as my heart warmth from seeing her smiling. "Im okay...n-now that your here." She said shyly, I got closer to her. "And why is that?" I asked as I caressed her face, she began stuttering like crazy. "W-well...I feel safe with only y-you." She confessed, I nodded and held her hand. "I won't ever stop protecting you." I say, she surprisingly hugged me.

"I-Im glad you feel that way but I-I don't think so." I gave her a look. "I-I w-w-want to learn to protect myself." I looked at her as she continued. "I want to learn how to kill with no mercy. Show no emotions around my enemy...Just like you. A monster." Her calling me a monster hurt me unbearably, but I know what shes going through. I can't add more stress on her. I will help her protect herself but I won't ever turn her into me...a monster.

"I will teach you how to protect yourself...without killing someone." I stated crossing my arms, she sighed and nodded. "Okay." The door opened and the doctor told her she can leave me. After she got ready I got her bags and let her hold her gifts. As we first step outside, she quickly held onto me tightly and looked around. The look of fear on he face as black cars pass by and men walk around.

A men ran right into her causing her to scream and fight him. I quickly grabbed her, seeing that he was just trying to pick up his wife and their newborn. "Let me go!" She repeated, I waited into we were away from them to let her go. "I-I want to go home, now." She said looking down, I nodded and took her to my car.

As we drove home, I noticed she was falling asleep. While she was sleeping she was talking. "I do take Isaac to be my husband." She says quietly, I smiled. "Our baby is beautiful, she has my skin and your e-" She paused before a scream escaped her lips. "He killed her. He killed our baby. My beautiful baby!" "You we suppose to keep us safe!...you lied to me." She cried out, I didnt noticed I was crying into a tear fell on my lap.

I quickly wiped it and pulled into our driveway. I cant stop the guilt and hate that I feel towards myself flr letting this happen to her. As I parked my car, I gently tapped her so she can wake up. "Yes?" She say rubbing her eyes, I looked at the house. "We're home." She nodded and we got out.

As soon as we walked in, Lia and Holly looked up at Echo. They all three shared a stare. "Lia...Holly." Echo whispered, looking at them. "Echo." They whispered, they started crying before running to each other. Echo immediately hugged them tightly, they did the same. Kai, Alaric and I watched as they fell to the floor hugging and crying. "I missed you guys so much." "We missed you so much too." They cried.

Kai, Alaric and I left to the livingroom. Realising that all Echo really needed was to see her best friends.