CHAPTER XIV (part one) (short chapter)

(14)

A week later...

[Echo Cruz]

I sighed as I laid on my bed, looking at the walls. Here I am trapped in my own darkness...again. Tears ran down my face as I realized that he was the only person that kept me together...he made me full. I thought he was my light, but I guess I was wrong. I waved my face yet again before slowly getting up to see my dinner on my stand. I looked away.

I didn't feel like eating. Its been a week since I came out of my room...and seen Isaac. "I guess its time I just leave." I mumbled to myself before getting up and grabbing thr biggest bag I could find. I cried as I packed all of my things.

Once I finished, I looked out the window to see Isaac leaving. I wish I could say goodbye to him but its for the best if I dont say goodbye to anyone. I hid my bag under my bed as I heard my door open. "Echo?" I heard Holly's voice, I looked at her. "Yes?" I could barely speak, she looked at me with sadness. "I wanted to say...that I care about you and love you. If you ever need me please just come to me. Please." She said as she saw I havent touched my food, I nodded.

"Goodnight. Ill see you in the morning." I looked down with guilt as she closed the door.

I waited for everyone to go to sleep, after knowing everyone is sleep. I grabbed my bag and left. As I walked out of the house, I looked at it one more time. "Goodbye Isaac." I say before walking down the street. My heart dropped once I was no longer near his house.

As I walked down the dark valley, I noticed a black car following me. I quickly quicken up my pace and turn the curve. I looked back to see it was still following me. I started to panic and run, the car quickly speeds up. I run into the woods as fast as I could. I heard the car stopped and footsteps running towards me.

I kept running. Thinking I got away, I looked back to see no one. I sighed heavily in relief only to have someone from behind cover my mouth. I screamed before passing out.