3. Auditions!

Sona's POV

"Elena I'm telling you, back off, you sing worse than a crow, apni beizzati kyu karana chahti hai?"

I told Elena the umpteenth time. She had dragged me to ISS's auditions. She will be auditioning for this show & believe me she is worse than a crow infact a crow would sound like Lata Mangeshkar in front of her but this girl is adamant on auditioning. I mean seriously, national TV pe apna popat kaun karata hai???

"Sona, tu na phattu hai" Elena said

"Mai phattu hu!"

"Yes you are a coward ... You've got such a beautiful voice but you are not performing here so I thought that as a punishment the world should know that the youngest daughter of the Bose Clan has such a pathetic voice ... Oppurtunity has come knocking on your doorstep..." Elena knocked my head saying these lines "... & you are showing your back to it ... Say hi to it"

"Hi" We heard someone say that to us.

We looked up to find two beautiful girls standing near us.

"Hi" I replied

"You are here for the auditions too?" The shorter one of the two asked us

"I am ... My sister is a phattu .. Coward" Ele sticked her tongue out to tease me

"Oh!" The taller of the two said "I am Jeevika & this is my sister Manvi ... We are both going to audition for this show..."

"That's great" Ms. Elena over friendly Bose had already started geling with the girls "You know what? I wanted Sona to audition with me too ... It would be so cool but nahi madam hai ki maanti nahi"

As Elena chatted with her newly formed friends. My mind started rushing in reverse gear & got hooked on the days spent with Nachiket

"Sona... Wait ... Why did you leave the party like that?"

"Because I am not comfortable in mixing with strangers...."

"This was important for my career ... I could have got a big break"

"To kyu aaye ho mere peeche? Who told you to come after me?"

"Because I love you ... "

Where is this button in my head with which I can delete these memories & trash him out of my memory?

We were sitting in a room with JeeMan & a few more contestants. There was a small screen showing performances of various contestants in that room & I could see the aspirants go nervous listening to other contestants. There was this girl Rubina who had just got selected, she sang Girls like to swing with so much of energy that all the participants were becoming under confident & Elena was busy chewing a bubble gum ... Can this girl be serious for once in her lifetime?

Jeevika was summoned first. We wished her best of luck & she moved inside the hall where her audition was going to take place. We could see her enter the hall anxiously. The hall was pitch black, the spot light was on the judges & a red light was shining right on top of Jeevika's head.

"Aise hi di dari hui hain aur upar se ye BGM bhi aisa hai... Aur dara de bande ko... I mean dekho na nervous situation me aisa gaana bajayenge ki bande ki fat ke haath me aa jaaye rone wali situation me banda control karna chahe to jaan boojh ke aisa gaana chala denge ki ro ro kar haalat kharab ho jaani hai saamne wale ki" Manvi said