5. I've had a breakup

Thanks for your votes,comments, TCs & GWSs. I am updating because ... Read the author's note at the end

Dev's POV (on popular demand😋):

I've been waiting for Sonakshi, wearing this god damned helmet, for the last 30 minutes & she is nowhere to be seen.

God send her faaaast.

My prayers were heard & there I saw my angel descending from her car. Her guitar's strap tightly wrapped around her chest. Her loose hair were flying with the air & she pushed some of the rebelious strands back making them messier. She walked friskly looking here & there for me (I suppose) & she halted near the same spot we had met that day. There was a boy wearing his helmet sitting there lazily. Wait wait wait ....

There was a boy wearing his helmet sitting there lazily ....

OMG! OMG! Sonakshi is going towards him. She tapped his shoulder & waved at him. He straightened up seeing the beauty standing in front of him. He forwarded his hand for a handshake & & & is he going to kiss her hand?

Freak!!!!

I rushed towards her shouting SONAAAKSHI ... She turned around, saw me & freed her hands from his grip.

"Dev?" She asked me

"Who else?" I said.

I narrowed my eyes at that guy but Sonakshi held his collar & made him get up.

"How dare you? How dare you sit at my place? This is my favorite spot ... Bahut himmat hai na tere paas aa saari himmat nikalti hu" Sonakshi was hell angry.

I enjoyed seeing that boy's frightened look but then my senses started shouting "stop her Dev stop her."

I stopped Sona from punching him & after a few struggles she left that guy, who after being freed ran for his life.

"You're tough" I said poking her biceps

"Thanks" She said in between her chuckles. She took out a clutcher & tied her hair in a messy bun. My gaze fell on her swan-like neck. Before she starts thinking otherwise about me on our first date (Don't sound shocked ... It is a date for me atleast) I think it is better to shift my gaze up.

Our eyes met & I lost all of my sanity. I felt like swimming in those eyes without any safety instrument ... Lame? I guess it was.

She snapped her fingers in front of my eyes.

"So?" She asked feasting on Bhel Puri & I have no clue how one pack of Bhel Puri landed in my hands. I was busy swimming in her eyes you see!

I tried replying to her question but her big black orbs were making me conscious.

"Ahem!" I tried bringing my voice back.

"So?" She repeated "Dev ... Dev Sir what is it that you wanted to discuss with me?"

That I love you.
Eh?
Should I say that?

"Ummm... About your performance in the Qualifier 1" I lied "What do you know about music?How did the journey start for you?"

"To be honest I'm not professionally trained... I am quite raw ... We are Bengalis & Baba insisted on me learning some classic music ... Classical 'Bengali' music ..."

"Music of Tagore?" I asked

"Yes & a bit more... But we weren't economically that strong ... So I had to discontinue ... I focussed on my studies... becoming a doctor would make our conditions better & here I am today Dr. Sonakshi Bose ... Baba thought that there is no use of these extra curricular activities ... We should focus on travelling on the beaten track ... Music & Dance is a waste of time for him ... Even I forgot the happiness music had brought in my life ... Unless ..."