29. Wild Card ?

Very important

1. Thanks for your votes and comments

2. Target - 100 votes

3. Due to some techincal error the notification for the 28th chapter of this ff didn't reach many of you. If there are still people who haven't read it go back read, vote and enjoy but I don't know what went wrong

4. Happy Reading!!!

Phase 3 begins ....

Sona's POV

I was resting flat on my bed wasting my Sunday musing over what happened. I was checking my phone every 5 minutes to see if there is any notification regarding a missed call or text from Dev but no the Helmet Hero preferred hiding in a shell just like a turtle would do.

I heard a knock on my door and I reluctantly opened it. I saw Maa holding a vacuum cleaner in her hand ready to sweep all the dust of the house out.

"Where's Babli?" I asked her. It was her job to clean the house.

"She resigned." Maa sighed a long one "Where will I get such a dedicated maid now?"

"Resigned? Why?" I was equally surprised by her decision.

"Don't know beta... Today Dev's friend ... What is his name ... Haa ... Bunty came to tell us that Babli won't be working with us anymore. She has left all her jobs and now she would meditate in Himalayan caves rather than poking her nose in other's problems" Maa explained.

Poking nose in other's problems? Seems I am not the only one doing that these days.

I decided to help Maa partially to distract my mind from what happened a day before and partially out of sympathy for my mom. It was the first time she was dumped by a maid.

Till the time I helped Maa with the dishes and cleaning my room Dev sneaked out of my memory but as soon as I got free and sat down on the sofa his thoughts began haunting me again. Are we over? No not at all. Are we on a break? Well not exactly. Then what is this phase?

I remember standing on the bonnet of his car in Asha Apartment's parking and declaring that I will never fall in love again but then I just didn't realise when my heart found its match. The feelings were never this strong with Nachiket but with Dev I'm so attached that even if he abandons me today I can just never love anyone else and I don't regret being so foolishly in love with him.

I smiled at my own thoughts

Nachiket's voice broke my thinking session and I looked up to find Sourabh Da watching a repeat telecast of ISS. He caught me staring at him.

"If you don't like it I'll change the channel" He said with a straight face.

Since the time I got evicted I stopped keeping a tap on what was happening in ISS nor was I too much in touch with anyone. The last time I talked to anyone was Tanvi who wanted to know where were my set of cupboard keys for our room.

"Sona? Hata du kya?" Da repeated his question

"Let it be" I said and sat beside him with my legs crossed in yoga style. Ele joined us with a pack of Lays and we watched the show while munching on them.