Chapter 4 - The Rouge

Mason's POV

"Unmated female she-wolves, gather together in a straight line outside. The unmated male wolves, gather towards me and we will begin!" I announce, everyone facing me.

All the males comes forward to me and the females go into a line outside.

I nod and continue.

"And...begin!" I throw my hands up in the air, Jasper approaching me.

"A Rouge was seen on the border. She claims she ran away from her home. And I can't help but think back to the other two Rouges we killed. They said a prisoner escaped. I can't help but see the connection. I would normally take care of it but it seems like you're the only one that could help with these situations." I nod and look back up to everyone.

"Males, walk in a line past the females. I have to go attend very important pack business. If you have any questions, ask any Alphas here. When and if you find your mate, you can choose to stay or leave, your choice." I say.

The males form a line as they frantically look for their mates.

I run off and shift into my silver wolf.

X

After changing into my human form, I pull on black shorts, leaving my chest bare.

I go into the border, the patrol circling a tiny wolf. For a second, I don't even think it's a real werewolf. It has a blonde dirty coat with emerald green eyes. She is shaking ferociously and is low to the ground.

You could see her bones. Judging by her whimper and slight limp, she's injured. Her size is even a bit smaller than a regular everyday wolf instead of the seven or eight tall werewolves. She is no doubtingly an Omega.

And observing her lack of strength, she hasn't turned into her regular human form in weeks. She is very weak.

MATE! My wolf, Jackson, growls.

As soon as the Omega lays eyes on me, she whimpers and cries softly. I walk up to her, pushing a few border patrol people out of my way. I crouch down in front of the wolf and she lays down, yelping.

"Hello, tiny wolf. You are currently severely injured. We will take you to the pack doctor, feed you, and make sure you're healthy and sleep lots. The question is...will you cooperate?" I ask, trying to keep my tone hushed.

"But Beta! She's a Rouge! Alpha ordered us to take her to the dungeons!" One of the guards shout, a puzzled expression on his face. I shoot him a glare.

You're lucky she's here or I would not think twice to rip your heart out and shove it down your throat so it comes out of your ass and I will just repeat the process. Then I would drown you in your own blood and with wolfsbane. After that, I would whip you and slice off that pathetic excuse of your d- I mind link the guards but stop when I hear the Alpha stop my outburst.

Mason, do you know how hard it is to talk to the fellow Alphas when you're making me laugh my ass off?! Jasper cuts in, laughing through the mind link. But I turn my glance back to the Rouge who made a hiccup tumble out.

"Y-y-y-yes." She stutters, sounding on the brink of crying.

My eyes widen when I see she already shifted without me noticing.

I ignore my thought and growl to the guards. They instantly turn the other way as I pick up the now very naked woman. She had short dirty blonde hair that barely skimmed her petite shoulders. Her short hair was covered in mud and her emerald eyes seemed dull. Bruises and huge cuts were on her face.

Who the fuck did this to our mate?! My wolf, Jackson, questions. I ignore his growling and continue.

She curls into a ball, trying to hide her features. I nod and look away, biting my lip.

"Lets go." I say to the guards, heading my way out of the forest. Lord, this is freaking hard to keep my anger from bursting.

We walk into the Mate Ceremony, my guards appearing behind me. My mate screams from pain, people snapping their attention to us. I growl at every man who looks at her. She tenses from my growl and I whimper to her.

Everyone sniffs the air and immediately get a whiff of her Rouge scent. Many werewolves shift into their wolves and get in an attack stance. I growl angrily, some of them growling back. My pack bows, showing me their grace. Everyone else stays on guard.

Many other Alphas from other packs approach us. I growl instantly.

"She's my mate, BACK OFF!" I yell, every wolf with their tail in between their legs.

I may be a Beta, but some of my family were Alphas.

"Mason!" Jasper puts his hand on my shoulder and I somewhat bow, growling slightly. "Sorry about Mason. But as you see, he found his mate so I think you should back off. She's a Rouge but as we gathered, she ran away. She is very frightened and in pain. She is not a threat." He nods at me as I run in the direction of the pack doctor.

~~~~

I know this is short and all, but Phoenix found her mate last chapter so I thought I would have Mason do too in the next chapter.

I love you all!

\_(O3O)_/  ~💜

Word count: 924