Chapter 29: Let the Competition Begin

^^^^^^Mason^^^^^^

^^^^^^Mason^^^^^^

(A/N) Stick around for end note HUGE announcements.

Standing in an all black tux on the pack's stage in the center of the pack, I nod to Cleo who stood next to me quietly. There's gasps going around, everyone resting their eyes on my ears and tail. Turning towards the whole pack audience, I offer a large smile. All the wolves already know what I'm going to talk about -the competition that would change everything. One of their common rejected she-wolves had a chance to become my Alpha's Luna. Most of the packs that even want to compete only have one thing they wish.

The pack who wins will be in an alliance with ours. Our wolves are ruthless. What they don't want is a war against us and this competition could change their pack forever. If they were in a war, they'd expect for us to join in and save their asses. If they are in a financial crisis, they'd ask us for money. I don't exactly blame them. Our pack is the second strongest pack after all. The most strongest pack holds the royals and they're neutral so basically they are all relying on us for war.

"Greetings on this fine morning. I am Mason, Beta of the second strongest pack in the world -the Silver Moon pack." There is an audible gasp. "Thank you all for joining the competition and for competing first of all. We are grateful that you have done so -this way my Alpha can find his rightful Luna. Don't disappoint me." I step back from the micro phone, letting Cleo take the reigns on what next to say.

"Just a message to all that's competing." Cleo smiles, looking over the crowd and landing her eyes on the ladies that were competing. "Take this time to focus not only on yourself, but your pack as well. What you do after this is your choice. You will be a representative of your pack, make your family and friends proud. For this one competition will mold the rest of your lives. Look around you for a moment." Everyone looks around themselves and she continues. "What you do after this, will impact everyone around you. Never forget that, pups. Fight for your pack and fight hard. Only you can change this."

After her speech, she walks up to me and beams a smile, taking my hand in her own with the sound of the whole pack clapping in the background, whistling and cheering.

"You did amazing, mate." I kiss her forehead, grinning. "Look at you...your stutter all gone." I lean my head closer to her ear. "I knew you could do it." A blush settles on her face and I smile. 

David walks up to the microphone, nodding to us. "Thank you Mason and Cleo for that. It was very beautiful." He grins, turning back to everyone. "Now enough with the sap. Let the competition begin!" The whole crowd roar in agreeance -not one person not cheering.

XXX Time hop to competition XXX

"Sophie Michaelson is now in the lead, earning long strokes and some bonus points!" A person says over the outdoor intercom. He lacks everything but enthusiasm.  The crowd  sitting in the stands cheer, some others groaning and growling at the others to shut up.