Chapter 17- I'm Sorry

Mason's POV_

"Okay so now since we seem to of gotten back your common sense, what shall we do?" Jasper, my Alpha, questions me.

I shrug as we walk around the pack territory sluggishly. After we had finally gotten out of the pack doctor's place,  Jasper had suggested we just walk around so I can clear my head before my parents make their grand entrance. Might as well get rid of all the negative vibes before my mother lectures me on how I'm not being 'Mate Material' or the classic one she always uses for me, 'Useless Beta Wannabe'. I have no clue, my mother is ruthless when she thinks something should be a something way. I like to call it 'Unnecessary' but she just says 'The truth hurts'. My mum is a force to be reckoned with.

"Well you better figure something out before we face the wrath of your demon mother. Lets just say, I'd love to live to see the next day, please. I don't think dead is a good look for me- especially not my skin nor hair." I just give him an 'Are you serious' look and he puts his hand on his heart, acting offended. "How dare you! My own Beta! How could you." Just to top it off like whipped cream on a pumpkin sliced pie, he whimpers softly and looks at me with heartbroken eyes.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes. To think, he ended up as Alpha! I hear his soft chuckles, making me roll my eyes at his idiocy once again. "We're supposed to find out a plan to avoid our deaths! Sure, my mom will bury us alive, but have you seen my father's cold hearted death glares?" I shiver out of fear from the single thought of it. "If I wasn't going to become Beta, I'm pretty sure my dad would've thrown me to the Vampires." Jasper nods his head in agreement.

"Well, first off, we're going to have to get you to make up with your mate. All hell will break loose if your family sees her crying." I stop in my tracks from the mention of Cleo. How could I have forgotten that I completely torn her to pieces? My own mate that I was supposed to love and care for the rest of my life. The one that was made specifically for me! Jasper shakes my shoulder violently but my eyes are still wide from shock as my whole body fails to support me. I free fall onto the ground, landing on my knees. I stare at the dirt in front of me out of sadness. "Mason!"

Jasper drops in front of me, sitting on his knees as well as he places both his hands on my shoulders. He looks at me solemnly, nodding slowly. I look at him straight in his eyes, pleading him to tell me what happened. But he just looks off to the side, trying to avoid my stares. Right about now, we were grabbing the attention of on goers. Honestly though at this stage, I'm just about done with everyone. We are close to the pack house so that's good. To make up Jasper's mind, I slap him across the face. His head snaps to me as I glare at him. To make myself look bigger in size to him, I stand up, crossing my arms over my chest and glaring daggers at him.

Jasper sighs, standing up as well as he looks at the ground. Alphas never do this normally but now it's seen as submission. Again- mainly frowned upon. Lets just say, our pack is different from others. 

"Cleo...has...changed. Um...people wise?" I arch my eyebrow at him, telling him to continue. "She has...made friends. Note that I say that very loosely." My smile widens as his frown deepens. That's great news! My mate needs some friends for when I'm on Beta buisness. Why is he upset about that? He simple gives me a look that says, 'That's not what I meant.' I cock my eyebrow to him to continue. "You won't like who she made friends with though." My blood starts to boil at the possibilities. A male perhaps- hell no!

"Who!?" I growl loudly, holding him off the ground and in the air with my hand clutched firmly around his neck, ready to snap it at any moment given. My eyes narrow at him, squeezing my grip, making his hands snap to my hand, trying to get out of my hold. "Don't even fucking dare to tell me it's a male or I will break your neck faster than you blink your eyes." I challenge him, almost daring him to say yes so I can kill him.