Chapter 24: Marks and I Love You

I don't know what happened to me. From all the anger that was built up from that rouge, I couldn't handle the anger that slithered down my spine. Once I saw Cleo in the living room watching the Lion King, all of my anger disappeared. But I stayed territorial. Because in the end, the rouge was right. She technically was up for the grabbing if she isn't marked. I'm already time pressured...so why not?

As I sat down on the couch, I grabbed Cleo's attention, making her smile at me and question me how it went. Deciding that it's best if I don't tell her, I keep it a secret. Instead, I look at her with a beaming smile on my face and kiss her cheek, leaning my head on her shoulder.

"It was okay, just a random trespasser." Lies. It was just your only best friend of all time- no one special. Why you ask? "So Cleo -I was thinking- do you think you're ready to be marked?" That caught her attention as her eyes went alight and she gets all giddy.

"Yes!" She all but whispers, smiling brightly.

"You want to go first?" I muse, lifting an eyebrow. She immediately nods, making my heart beat pick up wildly in my chest. I gulp, realizing what I'm getting myself into. All of this over a rouge. Should I really let some one of the likes of him influence my life with my mate? I am time pressured and she wants this. I want this too. So why am I hesitating? Why isn't it just a natural feeling? Is this just my worries getting in the way of this? I take a deep breath, getting rid of all the horrid thoughts. "Ok."

Instantly she tells me to take off my shirt, making me sigh. I take it off and throw it on the ground, as she stares at me for a few and kisses around my neck for a bit until she finds that one special spot. She smiles up at me, as if telling me, 'I can't believe you're telling me to do this.' I just smile encouragingly, nodding. So of course she takes that split second to lunge at the skin and viciously bite it. I had no idea her fangs were so long!

After about two minuets, she pulls out her teeth, inspecting the spot where she bit me. She looks down at the mark in awe, clapping happily. Attempting to look down, a smile of my own starts to spark. For an Omega, she sure is strong. She looks up at me then kisses my cheek, then looks at the mark again as if it was a trophy she got for saving the world.

"Absolutely stunning." Cleo compliments the mark, staring adoringly at it. I can't help but nod in agreement. It definitely is something gorgeous. As I look up at my little angel with so much happiness in her heart, I cant help but mutter...

"Just like you."

At my compliment, she blushes beat red and tries to change the subject to something she deemed fit for the occasion.

"Now your turn!" She yells happily, throwing off her shirt -not even hesitating. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath.

Is this the right thing to do? Is it okay to have our first be peer pressure from a rouge? Should I let a rouge do that to me? You can only be marked once and I'd rather have it be by something special, not because I was afraid someone was going to take what is mine. I look unsurely at her neck, trying to decide what to do. Then I made my decision.

Everyone's firsts are different. It doesn't have to be in the heat of the moment. Marking one another should only happen if you actually care for the other person. Which I do. Seeing her happy makes my heart soar. Sure, I may have doubts, but everyone has them. I care enough about her to do this for her. It's not because of the rouge I'm doing this anymore. It was then until I realized something. My heart was just making up any excuse it could get in order to get me to comply. Because somewhere deep in my heart, I want this. I just know I do. And if this little thing can make my Cleo happy, it's worth it. So might as well get something off my chest...

"Cleo, I need to tell you something." She looks up at me, worried. "It's not anything bad. It's really not. I just wanted to say..." Deep breaths, Mason. "I love you." As here comes the worrying. "I know we practically just met, but I really do love you. Ever since the first day I met you, I loved you. You should have seen me before I met you." I chuckle darkly at the not so good memories. "I would always get drunk and threatened of the Beta position. I hurt those I loved for no other reason than I felt like it. I made some not so good life choices and I'm happy I met you. I love how you talk, I love it when you blush and bite your lip, I love how you trusted me so easily when I saw you in the forest. I love how you let me pick you up in the forest that day, I love how compassionate you are. I love how you have been through so much and yet you still continued to push through -you never gave up on yourself even when things didn't seem possible. I love how you act like you don't even know how beautiful you are -because then it gives me an excuse to say how gorgeous and utterly talented you are. You're modest and now it seems like every second that passes by, you get more and more beautiful. I don't care what other people think about me -only how you perceive me. I will walk up to everyone in the world and tell them how much I love you. I will shout it from the Eiffel tower or anywhere you want me to. But no matter how many times I say it, it will do you no justice. I am completely and helplessly in love with you and I'm afraid that there won't be enough time on this Earth for me to spend time with you. I want to experience everything and anything with you. Right now, time is our enemy. I find myself constantly looking at you -just looking at how amazing you look. I want to spend the rest of my life and even after with you. Only if you let me. You're not only my mate and lover, but also my best friend. I fucking love you, Cleo."

Cleo smashes her lips against mine, her lips tasting like skittles and strawberries. The kiss quickly got heated but we both pulled away until it got too crazy.

The first thing I noticed was tears gleaming down her cheeks. I swipe them away with the pads on my thumbs, nearly in tears myself. What nearly had me shaking are her next big four words.

"I love you too." I grow wide-eyed, hugging her straight off the bat. After a few minuets of just our foreheads pressed against each other and looking into each other's eyes, she pulls away and kisses my cheek. "Mark me." This time, without hesitating, I do.

I put her in my lap, her front facing me. I start by giving her a quick kiss on the lips and soon trail the kisses all over her face. On her nose, chin, cheek, forehead, between the eyebrows, over her eyelids, her jaw, everywhere. I leave trails of kisses down her neck, searching for the right spot. After hearing a pleased sigh come out of her mouth, I know I have the right area. I suck on the one spot for a bit before I let my fangs come out, one bit peeling into her skin for a while before I bite down harder. She starts screaming out in pain only to be replaced with load moans. Finally going all in, I dig my fangs in as far as they can go. After a few minuets to let the fangs just sit, I pull away and retract the canines, smiling down at my masterpiece. As I expected, the mark was HUGE. Ginormous even. Licking away the blood, I pick up Cleo to show her the mark.

Carrying her into the bathroom, she sits in awe at what I did. I sit her on the counter top, smiling at her reaction.

"It's so large! She cranes her neck in order to see all of it. After admiring it for a hour straight, she looks up at me with tears of joy in her eyes. "Thank you, Mason. It's absolutely perfect." She looks in the mirror, looking at me through it.

Smiling down at her, I hug her, putting my head down in the crook of her neck.

"I love you, Cleo." I don't ever want to stop saying it.

"I love you too, Mas."