Bonus Chapter 1: Date Night

Mason's POV_ Two years later

"Where are you taking me?" Cleo giggles as I continue to hold her hand and drag her through the pitch black night. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think my own husband was luring me to my death." A smile breaks onto my face of the mention of our wedding. It was fairly after the birth of our daughter, Skylar.

Cleo is now seven months pregnant with our second child.

"Never, my Omega." I whisper, pulling her to me and kissing her forehead. That only seems to make her release out another giggle, making me continue to smile.

"Are you sure baby Sky will be okay?" I encourage her by rubbing soothing circles on her back. She has been such a mother hen since the birth of Sky. But it suits her.

"She's okay, baby. Jasper is watching her. She's not alone, you know. Jasper does have Juliet with him." Juliet is Jasper's latest fling. She loves children though, so Skylar is okay.

"I-" Just as Cleo was about to talk, I cut her off calmly.

"Baby, please. Sky is okay, I promise. This is our time now. We don't get a lot of time by ourselves anymore." It comes out more of a beg than I meant to, making Cleo look up at me with sad eyes. Kissing her hair, I continue to lead her to the date I set up for her. For us. A comfortable silence sneaks upon us. It was one of those silences to where it feels like your talking, but you're not. It's calming and oh so soothing.

I look down at her as I lead her farther into the woods. I can't help but to admire her. I know it sounds cliché, but I got so lucky with this one. When I first met her, she was afraid of everything and everyone.  She barely wanted to talk to me. Even when she did, she would stutter. A lot. She was the most shy thing I ever saw. At the time, I was really confused. I would wing my decisions and hope it would go right. But she still stood by my side. Even when I attacked a girl -or tried to- then ran away. She loves me for me.

And I can't help but to look at how gorgeous she is. Inside and out.  Walking there next to me in sweatpants and my hoodie that was too big for her. Her hair up in a bun. Her sweet eyes. The way she looks around with her eyes wide. As if everything Cleo sees is new to her.

"Why are you staring at me, Mas?" Her eyes connect with mine and I smile. "What are you thinking about?"

"About how you have me wrapped around your little finger."

Giggling at me, she stands up on her tippy toes and kisses my cheek. I smile and return the favour.

Finally arrivng at the spot I made up, I turn my head to look at her. There she stood, her hands over her mouth and tears brimming her eyes. I hug her from behind and look in front of us.

I had parked my truck up right to where it was over looking the lake. The bed of the truck was faced to the water and I filled the back up with blankets and pillows. There was then a trail of tiki torches leading the the water. Above us are all the stars, all twinkling. It was as if the universe knew I planned this day for my mate.

You see, Cleo had been working with the school children. All day, I've had a ton of people send her compliments. I made sure to make her day great. For example, this morning, I filled the entire pack backyard with flowers. I woke up at three in the morning, but it was worth it to see the happiness on her face. That was all to lead up to this moment.

Gently taking her hand in mine, I lead her over to the truck. Gently lifting her up so I don't hurt her, I set her on the tailgate. Jumping up into the truck, I grab my picnic basket. I slowly open the basket and smile.

I set out the warm food around us and smile. I hand her a plate of chicken alfredo, telling her it's all homemade. I can literally see her drooling already.

Eating quietly, she speaks up.

"You know, it's funny really." I lift my eyebrow to her in bewilderment.

"What is?" I ask, cocking my head to the side.

"You think you're the one that's lucky."