Chapter 39: Plan Changes

Mason's POV_

Today is going to be eventful. But regardless, I was still on cloud nine. Me, a father. I never thought the day would come. And so soon.

But a few things are helping me stay on my toes. Like surprising my mate with her long lost best friend, Miles. I can tell Cleo knows something is up. Because everytime we cross the hallway next to the 1st guest room, she would make faces at the door. To which I would distract her by talking about our soon son or daughter. She's already been ranting on names.

I let her rant on names though. Because of the fact that I am completely garbage with names. And no, I'm not just saying that. She was going on about names for a girl and you know what I suggested? 'Hey, what about Pickle'? She just laid there awkwardly, giving me a fake smile while she nodded and said, 'Yeah, that's a....beautiful name...' then she just changed subjects.

Though I certainly didn't mind whatsoever. All I did was lay down with her laying her back on me while I rubbed her stomach. It's almost like all I've been doing is cuddling. Hell, when I have to do Alpha work, she's always right there on my lap. Although all it really does is distract me. Especially when she's clinging to me like a koala, trapping me from getting up.

Very exhausting.

But very rewarding.

I once again sit there in my office chair, typing through emails. Pack members asking for confirmation for feild trips and whatnot, Alphas figuring out a next time for a meeting (to which they are blowing up my inbox to the extent of me wanting to cut them), some things about the 'beta finding expedition'. It's a mess. But I figured out a way to work it to my advantage.

I type out an email to all of the Alphas, sighing. Cleo squirms in my lap, making me look down at her. A little drool in the corner of her mouth, her long dirty blonde hair now cascading on my legs, sort of tickling me. I kiss her forehead and brush her hair behind her ear. The poor girl has been asleep on my lap since 4AM. Now it was 8AM.

I press down on a little black button, keeping my thumb jammed against it. A little gold speeker box was built into the wall, helping me communicate to the head staff of the kitchen. There's a little buzz then I talk.

"Shard, please bring two waffles with maple syrup, whipped cream, nutella, and strawberries up to my office. On one plate, please. As well bring some orange juice and vanilla yogurt with green grapes." I lift my thumb back up, letting my order register until I hear the cook's voice.

At the mention of food, Cleo's eyes snap open.

"Yes, Alpha." Then everything goes dead.

I chuckle and rest my hand on Cleo's thy. "So baby? You up for some breakfast?" She gives me a little grin and stands up, yawning and stretching before collapsing back onto my lap.

"Always." She giggles, giving me a quick kiss. Cleo stays sitting, facing me. "Did you finish your Alpha work?" She asks, nuzzling her face into my neck. I hum and kiss her cheek.

"I just have to send an email to the Alphas and then I'm done." I proclaim, grinning. At the mention. She turns back around. Side sitting to where her back rested against the arm of the chair then had her legs falling over the other arm rest. I would never think this office chair can support us both. But it's working.

I slide my chair up closer to the desk, typing away at the computer.

"Wow, what a group chat." Cleo laughs at all the messages in the Alpha chat. Because instead of talking buisness, they're sending memes into the chat. I would leave the group but it's the easiest to contact them all on here.