Chapter 32: I Am the Rightful Alpha

Mason's POV 

Today is the day. I've been having discussions with Cleo for a while now on what to do as far as taking over as Alpha goes. I'll take over as Alpha and I'll simply have Jasper become my Beta. Then which ever girl becomes the winner of the competition, they will be Beta Female. While it isn't better than being Luna, it's still a huge role and they will still be in an alliance with us. Simple.

Walking into the cafeteria where a ton of competitors sat and ate, I kept my head held high and had a death glare on everything. Some girls seemed interested, some aroused, some scared. Spotting Jasper sitting at a table with Keith our Gamma, his eyes stay trained on me. But something alight is in his eyes. Something along the lines of pure adoration and love. Brotherly love....? Because as far as I know, he's not gay.

I growl and began to strip, leaving myself in only my boxers. All the girls stare at my body in awe and I ignore them, focused on the task at hand. I let my body grow relaxed until my bones crack and reshape themselves into my wolf. Fur sprouts and my canines extend, leaving myself in my silver wolf form. I feel the confusion hanging in the air. I let everything set before taking dangerous and fully alert steps up to Jasper. His face and expression show nothing but utter bewilderment. Though somehow interested on my next move.

I snarl and snap my canines at him, positioning myself in a stance that says that I'm challenging him. A growl forms in the back of my throat and I let it all rip through the air. It's almost like as scary as a shrill shriek. Just as loud and powerful but not high pitched whatsoever.

Jasper seems to get the message because he stands straight up in front of me, my head at the same height as his own. Anger is evident in his eyes and for a split second, I want to give in. I have royal blood. It is fate to continue the blood line.

"Mason. Shift and put back on your clothes. You're being irrational!" Jasper attempts to use his Alpha tone but I stay completely unfazed by it. Instead, I snap my jaws at him. I see hurt in his eyes but I ignore it. "Mason!" Once again attempting, he fails.

Instead, I advance towards him and put my body pressure on my hind legs. Using the power, I kick off and pounce on him, pinning his limbs with my own. I duck my head down and snarl in his face, causing saliva to fall onto his face. I muster up all the hatred I can into that single second. I continue to growl, extending my claws into his flesh. He just had one emotion written all over his face- Shock.

He seemed to get over it because he shifts from under me, turning into his dark brown wolf. I keep my challenging look on when his face falters.

Jasper goes to bite my neck but I jump out of the way, hopping off him in the process. Lunging at me, I fall back and he pins me, but I'm quick to flip us so he's under me. I lean my head down and take a huge bite from his stomach, trying to not make any death hits. He whimpers from under me, nipping at my paws so I jump off.

We return into a circle, just circling each other. We growl at one another but it never goes too far. All the girls in the cafeteria either gasp or just whimper and try to stay out of the way. A few daring people get closer to see better.

I lunge at him to attack but he dodges it, making my fangs chomp down on his leg. Blood spills all over the castle floor, making my wolf blood thirsty.

I'm so happy by my win to realize or see when he jumped for me. I once again fall back down and he quickly attacks  me, nipping at my throat. Basically, he's saying that if I continue to fight, he will not hesitate to go for the kill.

Back down, Mason. Jasper mind links me, sounding angrier by the second. 

Screw off. I growl back at him, my lips pulling back into a snarl.