Chapter 14- The Forest

I lye down onto the cold ground in my wolf form, whimpering softly as my wolf begs for me to go back and apologize until the sun comes up. But I'm not ready for that. If I do, what am I going to say? I really want to yell at my wolf but I feel so drained of energy, I don't think I even can bare the effort of that let alone whispering. I love being Beta, it brings me so much happiness. Though my Alpha constantly talks to me as if I was some other wolf in the pack. Why did my wolf have to go and mess everything up? At least he didn't harm someone to the extent of death, then I'd definitely be kicked out.

When I hear a twig snap, I'm already up and ready to attack the culprit. I immediately get in an attack position as I snap my sharp fangs at the person, the hairs on my back rising as my wolf attempts to make us look more intimidating. Even from such a distance, I could still hear the thing snickering at me. I growl in disgust as I get low to the ground, my body rumbling out of anger.

Within seconds, I latch onto a scent of garbage, something rotting as my nose twitches from it. It doesn't take an idiot to know that it was another Rouge. Great, made my mate hate me, my Alpha want to get rid of me, and now a freaking Rouge! When the hell does the universe give me a break?

What the hell are you doing in my pack's territory, mutt? I bark out of the mind link, letting him know that I'm already mad enough and that if he tries anything, I'm not going to go easy on him.

I should be asking you the same thing, seeing as though you're in MY territory, Beta. The Rouge hisses back, finally appearing from behind the bush. For a Rouge, his wolf size is unusually large- though not bigger than my wolf. His wolf is a dark ashy brown with bright golden eyes.

I'm not in your territory, this is MINE. I thunder, taking threatening steps to him. He simply growls back, fury and anger swirling in his eyes.

So you're recommending a war? Listen here, I'm not fighting over what's already MINE. He gets to the ground, ready to pounce. How dare you mock me!

No, how dare YOU mock ME! You are the one that stumbled into my territory so I recommend you leave before I attack. Just to let you know, you're not going to go home in one piece. My blood boils as he even had the audacity of even claiming my land is his. Does this Rouge have no brain, is that why?

Look around, Charlie Brown. Does this look like yours? I growl at his disrespect but like he said so rudely, I look around.

Unlike the forest in my pack, this has blood pooling everywhere, a hint that this was in fact a Rouge's space. Bones of deer, bunnies, and basically all bones of all animals are everywhere- almost like a graveyard. The thought of my own bones being on that ground made an unpleasant shiver roll down my spine. I break out into a cold sweat as I realize that I wasn't in my own pack. I must've ran way farther than I anticipated. A gentle spark of fear runs down my hind legs, my wolf telling me to lunge at him. Just my luck.

So you see, you're invading my home, so I recommend you run now or I'll kill you. The Rouge snarls, his top lip curling back as he gets impossibly closer to the ground, licking his canines at he looks at my neck hungrily. It's obvious that if I stay any longer, he's going to lunge for my death.

My wolf growls at me to take his advice to run, and I couldn't agree more. Like both of them say, I jump off the ground with my hind legs and pound my giant paws against the ground in an empty attempt to run away. I can feel my heartbeat in my ears as it thuds over and over again repeatedly. My breathing hitches and my wolf whines, just wanting to lay next to his mate in bed. I remind him that it most likely won't happen any time now and in return, he paws at my head as his whines become almost hazy for me.

Its been three days and I barely even have the energy to go out and hunt for myself. The only thing that I've taken in my body is water- no meat. My body is aching for steak, begging me to find some source of food- even berries. I haven't been able to sleep at night knowing how I affected everyone. So you can obviously see it in my body shape that I haven't been able to eat or sleep for practically ages. Even occasionally when I do fall asleep, I either have a nightmare of Cleo or a dream of buffets. Sometimes a mix of both.

I have nightmares of the Alpha stealing my mate. And Cleo being completely fine with it. Or when I had a nightmare of when I hit Cleo and just like that one day, she was sobbing with her head in her knees. My terrors are terrorizing me, as if they were getting payback on me for something. But the things that kill me the most, is that in all of my terrors, it always ends with the Alpha kissing my Omega. The thought of that is repulsing to me, making me want to gag almost. If he even dares to touch her in a single most innocent way that I don't find as good, I will stab every single family member of his.

My mate is mine. Not his. Nor will she ever be his, even if I die. If I do die in these woods, I will haunt him to death and force him into it. While I don't or ever will deserve her, I still can't bare the thought of her being wrapped around in someone else's arms. The thought of her smiling with another man makes my soul shrivel. 

Sure, three days doesn't seem like much, but it does to me. Three days from my Omega is killing me. It feels like infinity, not three. All this time, I've been sluggish to even move an inch. I've just been sulking, throwing a pity party for myself.

Including all of that, I can feel my sorrow borderline turning into depression.

On top of this depressing cake of my life, my parents are coming today.

I'm thrown out of my thoughts by canines snapping at my paws. I feel something running down my hind leg and I can immediately identify it as blood. I look behind me, picking up my speed. But I'm surprised to find about fifteen Rouges running after me, all baring their teeth- challenging me. They all give me threatening growls as my own chest rumbles with a growl of my own. My wolf is telling me to let him take charge and I don't hesitate to agree.

Just as I was about to tell him something, I see my vision blur and my whole body grow numb. I can hear my loud breathing in my ears and a large brain splitting headache start to grow in my head. My wolf whimpers loudly to me, already sensing his human form is slipping into unconsciousness. My wolf starts to fight the ungodly Rouges, never once stopping his loud whine.

The last thought I muster is one that shakes me to my core.

My mother is going to kill me.