Chapter 12- New

"Cleo, you ready yet?" I holler to my Omega from the living room but all I get is silence in return. I grumble and go down the hall, stopping at my oak door. "Omega..." I peek my head through the slit in the door and am greeted by absolutely no one. I hear my heartbeat in my ears as my pulse quickens.

Where the hell is she? Followed by a loud crash coming from the walk in closet, I run up to the door of it and slam it open, my eyes wide with fear. But when I look around, my gaze connects with my mate's. A relieved sigh escapes my lips as I walk up to her. Then I notice her state.

She was currently laying on the floor with one of my shirts barely even coming off of her as her arms are limp through the arm holes in the shirt, exposing some of her stomach. Everywhere around her are clothes hangers and loose clothing that were once hung up on the now fallen hangers. Cleo's eyes have welts in them as her bottom lip trembles.

"My Omega..." I knelt to the floor and hold her in my arms, helping to unravel the shirt from her arms. I look around and grab a random blouse as I pull it over her head and re position her arms back into the blouse. "What happened?" Cleo attempts to sit up in my arms but yelps from the pain and falls back onto the floor, bumping her head. I quickly pick her back up and lay her head against my chest, standing up. I kiss the back of her head to reassure her.

I look around frantically to something comfortable for her.

Mason, where the hell are you? The ceremony starts in three minuets! I get a link from Jasper and my eyes grow wide. 

Shit. My mate is hurt! Sorry, Alpha. I mind link back, kissing Cleo's temple. I know better than to bring up first name basis when Jasper is mad.

Call the pack doctor or something! But you can not be late for this! Hurry the fuck up. Jasper says back, ending the link out of anger.

"Sorry, Omega, but I can't stay. I will call the pack doctor and you will co-operate, yes?" I ask, setting her down onto my bed, making sure not to hurt her head as I lay it on the plush pillow. "And I will question you later about what happened." She slightly nods her head but whimpers. "I'll be back before you know it." I mumble in her hair as I kiss her on her forehead softly.

X

I run up the aisle, quickly making my seat in the row behind Jasper. He looks back at me with a scowl on his face. I turn my head to the side, slowly laying my head back as I expose my neck- a submission form. He simply grumbles and turns forwards, huffing. I give out a sigh of relief. While he may of let me off the hook for right now, I'm just gonna get it later. Until then, I'm going to embrace it.

Jasper slowly stands up, walking up the steps to the large stage. He walks up to the microphone stand and gently taps on the mike, clearing his throat. Immediately, everyone goes quiet, looking up at the Alpha with the utmost respect- they should act no less. To continue talking and ignore an Alpha would be beyond the norm and would result in being punished. Around me, he may act different, but that's because I'm his Beta. To others, he's known solely as Alpha- so respected any less like calling him by his first name, would be shameful.

"Attention." He clears his throat again, preparing for his speech. "As you all are aware, we are greeting in three new pack members. Like everyone else in this pack, they will be treated equally. No more, no less. Now please help me welcome Alex Wright, Kat Greene, and Lilly Calka." The whole crowd rawrs, clapping and shouting out something along the lines of 'Congratulations.' The majority of people who cheered were males.

Then I look around and see three girls slowly stand up and make their way to the aisle. I know who is who because I looked into all their backgrounds- minus Alex because of her history being a blank slate.

Alex Wright has her dark brown hair up in a beautiful bun, having a couple loose strands out- purposely. She has brown eyes that sparkled with happiness. Alex's dress was rather more simple unlike Kat. Hers was down mid thigh and had silky cloth on the ends while the top was more of a thick and wide band that was just wrapped around her chest area. Like the other two, it was a stork white. She seems nice enough, so I may introduce her to my mate depending on that. I don't want Cleo to have any guy as a friend other than me.

Kat Greene has her hair down in platinum blonde beach waves. What mainly stands out about her is her bright and happy emerald green orbs. Her dress in the most complicated. It is extremely hard to explain so just imagine a butt load of lace and ribbons everywhere along with another silk cloth. Her dress splayed out onto the grass, slightly dipping behind her. She looks more like the elegant type- as if she was like a ballet dancer or something. Definitely the extra type, so I might have to be careful with her around my Omega. Goddess knows this girl doesn't look innocent.

Lily Calka was almost the opposite of the other two. She has bright pink hair that started short from the back of her head to slowly getting longer as it goes on its way to her face. As if matching her hair, she has pinkish grey eyes. I have no clue if it's contacts or what but I'm not about to scream out and ask her. Her dress is definitely simpler than the other two. Her dress has thick straps that connected to the plain white top that began a one piece by making yet another silk skirt that ends to her knee. Also unlike the other two, she has a long pastel pink ribbon that is tied around her waist.

They all walk on stage with grace.

"Beta Mason and Gamma Keith, please make your way on stage." He makes a short time of eye contact with me and I nod, standing up along with Keith. At least he isn't completely ignoring me.

I look up on stage as I walk down the aisle- it felt like it was a wedding. My wolf stirs in my head at that and howls the what ifs for when Cleo and I marry one day. I hush him, this isn't the correct time to think about this. My wolf simply just growls at me in annoyance as I do the same to him. But then I stop mid pace when he sends a futuristic picture of when me and Omega are up on the alter. I hiss at him for distracting me but not so subtly told him to show me it again later. So that only boosted his ego ten fold.

I quicken my pace, shuffling up the steps as I nod my head to the ladies. But one thing specifically that caught my eye was that the three looked at me with a shocked expression. I want to shoot them a nasty look but then Alpha will kill me so I simply let a dark cloud form over my odd colored eyes. They seem to of gotten the memo because they look down as I pass them. Jasper looks at me questioningly but I shake my head at him. She growls lowly but nods.

Keith falls into step with me as we stand by the side of a stand that once again held a sharp knife on the top.

"Lily, Alex, and Kat, as future member of the pack, do you agree to protect the pack with your life? Do you agree with obeying the pack's rules and regulations, to be one with the pack for the rest of your life? To protect the future Luna and serve the pack, to help guide the young pups through their life, and to do what's right for us all, to never defy us and never disown us nor abuse your members?" While Jasper says all of this, I'm in awe on how the fuck he remembers every. Single. Word. Like damn...

"I do, for the rest of my life. I wish the best to the rest of the pack." The three recite, nodding to him in acceptance. This phrase is different for all packs but every newcomer must remember it before the Ceremony.

"And same to you." The pack hums in response, another sacred phrase of ours.

Just like last time, Jasper says the same. "Now, we shall cut our wrists, bringing it to yours." All of us gather around the stand as Jasper cuts his wrist, handing the knife to me, Keith, then Lily. Alpha goes first so he is the first one to join his wrist to hers- followed by me and the Gamma. Jasper leans in to Lily's ear as he whispers the sacred phrase to her, making sure all of us can't hear.

We repeat the process to both Alex and Kat. 

"Let the Moon Goddess shine her love on all of you as you continue your life here with us."