Chapter 6- Family Drama

Word count: 2,303!
~~~~~~

I've been biting on my fingernails for a while now. My beautiful mate is finally going to be okay. After the pack doctor constantly shooed me out of the operation room, I finally gave up and decided to wallow in my eager alone. But how could you not?

I mean, she was given to me by the moon goddess. And that is a treasure I don't want to part with.

Speaking of mates, I hadn't seen Phoenix since I left for the mate ceremony.

I asked several maids but they all said they same thing; she's with her friends.

But get this, I ran into her friends when I went out to get some food. But they all said they haven't talked to her in a week. So what I think is that she's bribing the maids again.

It's really getting annoying.

Having school starting today, I skipped. I mean, do you blame me? My mate came to me practically near death. Pheonix on the other hand...she didn't show up either.

My absence was excused because of being Beta. But I looked everywhere. Pheonix is no where to be seen besides by the maids and servants. And she must have bribed them a lot because they all keep on saying they didn't know where she went. And I even used my Beta voice on them!

I groan, pacing in the waiting room of the pack hospital. Relatively, it was rather small. Although we are a large pack, werewolves don't get sick. The most patients who are here, are fallen warriors.

But out of all the people I'm sad about, is my mate. But she's a Rouge, going against everything us werewolves were made to know. But with those two Rouges...what exactly happened between her and them? They said that a person escaped them and that they were looking everywhere.

Was she taken by them?

How exactly did she even get placed in their hands?

Millions of questions whirl through my head. After about fifteen minutes over pondering every possible situation, I got a huge migraine. And my wolf wasn't making anything any better.

He was itching to come out.

And something was telling me if I didn't let him out soon, he was going to force me to turn. And when he wants something, he doesn't stop fighting until he gets it. He is the single most stubborn wolf I've ever met. But then again, it's his personality and who he is. He can't exactly help being protective over his mate.

But all he wants to do is love her until she never feels the pain that was crawling into her life. All I want is her.

"Mason?" I stop my pacing and my head snaps to Elaine.  She nods to herself and fips a paper on her clipboard. After scribbling a few things on her paper, she continues. "She has recovered a lot despite being an Omega." She scribbles a few more things on her board.

"So all that I recommend to you is for you to make sure she rests up and eats a lot. Her metabolism and lack of fat is eating her alive, quite literally. I'd say if she keeps this up, she'd die of dehydration and starvation." She looks back up at me.

"I don't know her past whatsoever from the lack of information you all so desperately try to keep from me, but whatever that was going on, left her incredibly weak. She's lucky she was even able to shift back into a human. But I recommend to refrain her from shifting for a week. Right now, she cannot contact her wolf. While she may be in excruciating pain, it took an even bigger toll on her wolf." She concludes, writing a few more things on the paper.

"So can she return home?" I ask, gritting my teeth. She frowns and slowly nods. I eagerly push past her, making her stumble but recover quickly.

As soon as I bust open the door to her room, my heart stops.